7mm-08 - 139 grain Interlock - elk/bear.

Got me a set of dies and starting to put together a few components for the 7mm-08.

Not knowing much about the 7mm-08, would this be an ok bullet out to a max range off 300 yards for elk/bear as far as penetrating the shoulder?

Trying to stay as light as possible for recoil purposes but have enough punch to get into the goodies.

My wife won't be shooting past 300 yards.

Thoughts?

MT-nuffgun

Lil-Rokslider
I shot the 139gr sst out of a 7 mag for years with no issue on shoulder shots on ungulates ( I would not shoot a bear in the shoulder). With the 7mm-08 being a tad bit slower I think you will
Be just fine. The interlock is a proven performer and elk shoulders are really not that tough or hard to penetrate.

SDHNTR

WKR
It’s a great cup and core bullet! That said, I only intentionally shoot for shoulder bones with monos.

Vern400

WKR
The bullet you described will work just fine. If you need an absolute guarantee of instant expansion at most any velocity, AND deep penetration, see if your gun will shoot partitions well enough to suit you. It's the only bullet I've ever seen that will expand on a crow, and a rabbit and also plunge all the way through a 300 lb boar hog. My buddies and I have tried an awful lot of different kinds of bullets. I love partitions but they won't shoot MOA for me. I'm shooting your parent cartridge.

Interlocks work. They ain't new and shiny. They just work. At your velocities they're real good