7MM-08 Favorite Factory Ammo?

BCD

WKR
Hi All-

I'm looking at buying a 7MM-08 XBolt. What are some suggestions for factory ammo for whitetails and also for Elk?

Thank You!

I use barnes 120 gr. TTSX in my savage axis. Factory load is accurate and fast and I prefer lead-free options for my hunting purposes. I wouldn't shoot an elk at 500 yards with it, but I can't see that far where I hunt. Or see that far in general at this point.

Plenty of good choices out there, my 2 favorites are the Barnes 120 grain ttsx and Nosler 140 grain accubonds

Reactions: BCD
If you can find it there's a lot to like about factory Nosler 120 grain Ballistic Tip ammo. Shoots great out of all my 7MM-08's and have yet to catch one in a critter (y) Or another option that has worked well is the Fusion 140 grain stuff, used to be a great not uber expensive choice.

I have used Barnes TTSX 120 grain, Nosler E-tip and Accubond 140 grains. I would shoot whichever is most accurate in your rifle. All work very well on game

Have shot everything in AK but brown bear and bison with Barnes TTSX. I almost look like I know what I’m doing at the range when I shoot it

I’m still shooting up my Federal premium 140 grain Nosler BTs for whitetails but looks like they are discontinued. I probably have about another 3 years supply but seeking to find a replacement ammo last I bought some Nosler brand ammo in 140 grain BTs. They feed and shoot as good as the federals in my rifle. I haven't used them hunting yet but i have no reason to believe they wont do as good the federals with the same bullet.

Back