Accubond performance??

They can be very accurate and are deadly, I don't use them anymore.
They have caused explosive and excessive meat damage in my limited use.
Eld-m are cheaper, easier to tune and far more readily available and cause less meat damage for me

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
i have shot 2 does( both a hundred pounds not to big)with the acubonds with a 300 weatherby mag 180 gr. 100 yards each. one droped instaly the second one run sixty yards and droped big blood trail pieces of lung and heart matter.they are good i cant get them anymore with the weatherby brand loads. so i will try barnes ttsx are they any good.
acutally make that four awesome expanision and penetration no bullet to be found complete penetration

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
They can be very accurate and are deadly, I don't use them anymore.
They have caused explosive and excessive meat damage in my limited use.
Eld-m are cheaper, easier to tune and far more readily available and cause less meat damage for me

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk
eld-m are target bullets not hunting bullets not trying to argue. move to a eld-x hunting bullet. the eld-m'sare a thicker target jacket they will expand but if you plan on shooting 500 to 600 yards on elk or deer they won't expand. the eld-x is the way to go praticly a same bc and sd and will expand with velocity's of 1800 and up eld-m are made to expand.

JJ1179

Lil-Rokslider
Classified Approved
Just set up a 7mm stw, it's tack driving Nosler trophy grade 160 Accubonds but I was wondering how it will perform on an animal from whitetail to elk, moose, or what ever, need some input on that round from the ones that shoot or have tried that it or the Accubond from a different caliber.
I shoot 160 Accubonds in my STW. I love that round. I’ve killed around 8 elk out to over 1000 yards and deer out to 600 yards. I’m confident that it will be sufficient for your needs.

Flyjunky

WKR
eld-m are target bullets not hunting bullets not trying to argue. move to a eld-x hunting bullet. the eld-m'sare a thicker target jacket they will expand but if you plan on shooting 500 to 600 yards on elk or deer they won't expand. the eld-x is the way to go praticly a same bc and sd and will expand with velocity's of 1800 and up eld-m are made to expand.
1708551368090.gif

CC55

FNG
what's this for.
Not to disrupt the thread, but I'm guessing it's the general consensus that the ELDM comes into it's own at long range, and even further. Has a wider, but possibly shallower wound channel ELDX does due to that quick disruption at all velocities.

Here is a pic of the jacket thickness of the thicker ELDX vs thinner ELDM:
1708569868147.png

SouthPaw

WKR
88g eld-m, 551 yards on a mule deer buck. Somehow it "expanded".

20231118_201253.jpg

Flyjunky

WKR
well i did not know they would expand but why use a target bullet for hunting.
For many of us a “target” bullet has produced outstanding results. They are lethal!

Honestly, with how much they are discussed I can’t believe people still think that.

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
For many of us a “target” bullet has produced outstanding results. They are lethal!

Honestly, with how much they are discussed I can’t believe people still think that.
if it ain't a bonded or cup and core i won't use them imo.

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
Not to disrupt the thread, but I'm guessing it's the general consensus that the ELDM comes into it's own at long range, and even further. Has a wider, but possibly shallower wound channel ELDX does due to that quick disruption at all velocities.

Here is a pic of the jacket thickness of the thicker ELDX vs thinner ELDM:
View attachment 677104
when i said that i meant to say the eld-m had a thinner jacket

jeffpenland123

Lil-Rokslider
Then why say that they wont expand?
like i said they're a target bullet a normal person ain't gonna go shoot a elk with a fmj so the eld-m is a target bullet so i say don't use. go to bass pro and seea box of match ammo 20 years ago that stuff would rot on the shelf.

bmart2622

WKR
That still doesn't answer the question. And I would say only an uninformed person would say that an Eldm is not suitable for game

bmart2622

WKR
like i said they're a target bullet a normal person ain't gonna go shoot a elk with a fmj so the eld-m is a target bullet so i say don't use. go to bass pro and seea box of match ammo 20 years ago that stuff would rot on the shelf.
You do know that an Eldm isnt a FMJ right?