Advice for mounting NX8 2.5-20 F1on a 300 Win Mag

I had to trim and chamfer the front face of my rail to get it to fit on my 280ai. On my 300prc origin build, I threw the towel in and I'm buying a 4x32.

View attachment 687364
That worries me! As I said above, I’m throwing a NX8 2.5-20x on a Rem700 LA. It’s weird guys like Bjorn have as much clearance as they do, and then guys like you have given up because of the eye relief.

SloppyJ

WKR
That worries me! As I said above, I’m throwing a NX8 2.5-20x on a Rem700 LA. It’s weird guys like Bjorn have as much clearance as they do, and then guys like you have given up because of the eye relief.
To be fair, what's pictured is a savage timberline. However on my origin, it's even worse and I don't want to cut it. I could likely make it work just fine with some modifications but it's a good excuse to pick up a new scope. I also want to try the CF2D SFP reticle.

The 2.5 is in FFP and I worry about close shots around dark or dusk with the MOAR reticle. I know I wouldn't like the 4x32 FFP in that situation. Plus, only the center dot illuminates on the CF2FD which I will like better. Lit up in low light, the full reticle illumination blows out my eyes.