Advice on shelter and bag

BigHink66

FNG
Hunting Colorado first rifle. For a shelter I’ve been looking at the Kelty salida or Mt Smith shelter lt. Never used floor less but prefer less weight. I don’t intend to run a stove this year.

For bags I’m all over the map. Thinking Nemo riff or disco, or steelhead which is synthetic Prefer weight of the down bag but like the water resistance of the synthetic. Been looking at other bags from outdoor vitals and whatever is on sale. Definitely need a long and prefer extra wide. Also looking at marmot sawtooth. I think I need 15 to 20 degree bag

Hopefully I can keep weight between the 2 at minimum. Realistically between 6 and 8 lbs.

Any advice appreciated. Want to stay warm.

snowplow

WKR
I rely dont think you can get a better bang for the buck than OV. I have 2 mummypods. One down and one syn. Noth 20* and love them.

Sent from my LG-H811 using Tapatalk

rgrmike

Lil-Rokslider
I've been hunting in CO now for 4 years. I have a Montbell Hugger 800 #1 which is a down bag rated at 15deg. It's served me well in September in October from 7K-11.5K. I use a BA solo tent and haven't ever had any concerns with getting my sleeping bag wet. I do bring along an ultralight bivy just in case. With the low humidity and dry climate of Colorado I see no reason to go with the weight penalty of a synthetic bag. I know others who have spent significantly more time in the mountains of Colorado like Aaron like the security of a synthetic bag. I respect his opinion a lot but I just don't want the extra weight and bulk. Just my .02

OP
B

BigHink66

FNG
Has anyone tried the new look bean bag with Primaloft core?

Its a long shot, it it’s synthetic 0 degree and weighs less than 3 lbs