Affordable elk boots

Sierra has Asolo Hunter GVs on clearance right now for $150 - a true steal. If you have normal/narrow feet they are worth giving a shot. Couple threads on here touting their durability.

brian_

FNG
I wear Merrells and Keens for work in the woods. They'll do fine. Heck, you'll probably be fine with $60 Asics from Kohls.

OP
H

HappyHuntr

In that price range…Military surplus OR a pair of leather boots from Georgia or Carolina boot companies on sale might be in that range.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes on the milsurp

The Trovat Adv II High are good from mammut. I’ve used it 24/7 for the last week on the trail and it’s been in every type of terrain. Snow, ocean, river, sand, mud and pavement and held its ground so far. Got a blister as I didn’t break it in properly but that was on me, not the boot. 10/10 boot so far, will update my review should anything change.

Sometimes you can find Salomon 4D's on sale in the $150 range. Def stretches your budget but if they fit well, they will last a few seasons. Ive hunted in cheaper Danners, keens, timberlands. Just realize you may only get a few seasons out of them. Mine were all fine until they weren't. Finally ponied up some cash and picked up some Crispi's prior to last season.