After market strings? Which ones are good for a Hoyt rx3 ultra?

Aboyer35

FNG
I am looking to get aftermarket strings/Cables for my Hoyt rx3 ultra and I am looking for feedback on which ones are worth buying. I have used winners choice in the past but I feel the quality had declined recently. I had a few shops recommend their brands but want to see what else is reputable. I’ve heard Rouge, ABB and Gas strings are decent. Has anyone shot these brands or do you have others to recommend?

OR Archer

WKR
I’m running the Ghost XVs from GAS. They haven’t moved since installing them a few months ago. I’ve installed a ton of them with the same results on a variety of bows. Well worth the cost.

scfreeman66

Lil-Rokslider
60x
They should have those in stock unless you want a specific color...

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

OP
A

Aboyer35

FNG
I’m running the Ghost XVs from GAS. They haven’t moved since installing them a few months ago. I’ve installed a ton of them with the same results on a variety of bows. Well worth the cost.

I have heard good things about them. Do they fray?

*zap*

WKR
I shoot an elite and have used Carters archery in Missouri for over 10 years for strings. When he is done installing and tuning I have no issues with field point to broadhead use. Going up in 10 days for another string/tune .

OP
A

Aboyer35

FNG
Anyone have a press and tune their own bow? What stings are the easiest to tune and last?

scfreeman66

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone have a press and tune their own bow? What stings are the easiest to tune and last?
Hate to sound like a broken record here but check out 60x. They are pre-stretched so you won't have any creep or tuning issues

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

87TT

WKR
I have 60x on my Hoyt Powermax and they tuned easy (did it myself). I also bought a set for the Pro Defiant but haven't put them on yet.

Vandal 44

WKR
I am running the Buck-Slayer on my Realm X and on My son-in-laws Decree HD. I installed them myself, I think after 200 shots I had to put a half twist in the cables

I heard good things about Buck-Slayer so when my son-in-law needed string and cables I ordered a set for him (I used him as the guinea pig) He is going on two hunting season and getting ready for his third. after the cables settled in I put a twist in them and they haven't moved since.

Interested in why?
I put the buckslayers on and it needed zero tweaking they were twisted up perfect was shooting perfect bareshafts at 20, maybe I got lucky the one set of GAS was really close and another needed tweaking, and not on the performance side but the servings on my GAS strings don’t look great at all the buckslayers are perfect, I know nothing about string building but both sets of GAS I have it looks like when they were winding the serving it jumped over itself and they just kept going, makes no difference on performance just doesn’t look as clean as buckslayers. Ohh and 2 year warranty on the buckslayers.

Tony Trietch

Part Time Bow Hiker
Staff member
I tried Buckslayer this year on my bows and so far they are great. Zero movement and a lot cheaper than the Hogwire I was using the last few seasons. I think there are a bunch of great builders now that you can count on to build up a solid set that won't creep. My all time fav is Tom "Ex-Wolverine" Parkinson but he has cut down on the number he builds now.

This might be the most important question you asked. Get a press and start learning how to work on your equipment, it'll serve you well.

xcutter

WKR
I've had several different brands. My best experience has been with 60X bowstrings. I order 452X material with Halo serving. Use code AT10 for 10% off.