AGC Bino Pack Feedback

Howdy all.

Looking for feedback regarding product improvement.

For example, do you find the ammo sleeves inside the front pouch have any added value?

Thanks, looking forward to your feedback.

I like the ammo sleeve in the front pocket, would like to see the new compact have a basement option. Would be great to have one side pocket (left preferably) either have a notch cut out to fit a garmin rhino gps or large enough to fit one on the regular model. Add a row of pals webbing to the right side pocket so a range finder like the vortex can easily attach and add a tie off point for a lanyard.

Might want to consider larger top sleeves as cell phones get bigger but not sure if this is an issue as my old iPhone 5 fits perfect :).

Just my thought after having it for a weekend.

Is there somewhere on the website where it describes how each size relates to bino size? Example: compact size fits 8x32- 10x42.

I have 10x42 razors if anyone would like to chime in on what size AGC they have with the same bino.

Both compact and reg would fit your binos. But if your not a bow hunter I would recommend the reg with basement.

Didn't weigh them before sending the compact back, but it isn't much. I knew as soon as I opened the box Friday the reg w/basement was the one and put the compact back in the mail. If the compact had a basement I would of compared them closer over the weekend.

A couple things from my use...

The ammo sleeves are great for bullets but it would be nice to maybe have a couple of varying sizes. For instance, I tried forever to get a CR123 battery to fit (or an AA battery) but it just never worked. I know it is redundant but I just like having an extra battery for my rangefinder and headlamp in the same pouch.

I like the side pockets but it seems like I curse the diagonal zipper at times. I carry a headlamp in one side pocket almost always and sometimes it's a fight to get it in the pocket with the strap and all. Kinda nitpicking but just sharing some observations.

Not directly related to the pack itself but as mtnclimber alludes, a little enhancement of the website would be nice to see examples and descriptions. Perhaps this is already in the works with the new lineup?

Really looking forward to getting my hands on one with a basement. It's a delicate balance of having useful features but not crossing the line of having a huge pack carrying too much. However, I view it as if I were to have to drop my pack, I would still have critical items with me in my bino pack that I would always want on hand.

Edit: One other thing. I'm eager to see one with the bungee cord closure vs. the standard SR clip. If the bungee was secure enough, I could see a change on all packs to that option. Perhaps a clever way to "lock" it closed if necessary. I just found that I have my SR clip undone quite a bit because I didn't like messing with the clips all the time. It also impeded access to the front pocket which was where I kept my rangefinder. Just another observation.

Last edited:
By comparison of the fhf bino harness, the regular is 9oz and the AGC definitely seems to have more stuff going on(bulkier) so I'm guessing the weight would be 12oz plus. Trying to balance out the adding of extra weight vs. the convenience of having the essentials always at hand.

I have a small FHF and the AGC is heavier but the harness and layout are better so a trade off. If you want really light weight checkout the OPW Bino Bro Pro, it is light and not a bad system at all.

Compact KISS version is 8.6 oz. Easily fits 10x42, and would suspect quite a few of the 10x50s. Razor 10x42 are on the more compact side, and would leave enough room for a spare sandwich!

Kidding on that (sorta) But, yeah.... Plenty of room.

As far as feedback goes, I have no time in the field with these, but the tiny mesh side pockets look only minimally useful, and I could forgo the rear map pocket as well. Trim a few things and you would likely have the lightest bino pack on the market, which is worth something.

As mentioned above, a bit of side webbing to allow a GPS or rangefinder to mount would be better than the mesh pockets.

I just weighed the one I have here. It's the regular size without a basement and it comes in right at 12oz.

In a perfect world I'd like to fit binos, rangefinder, Brunton ADC, bullets, hunting license and tags in the bino pack.

Could I squeeze my razors and a rangefinder in the main compartment on a regular? Rangefinder is a Leica 1000.

In a perfect world I'd like to fit binos, rangefinder, Brunton ADC, bullets, hunting license and tags in the bino pack.

Could I squeeze my razors and a rangefinder in the main compartment on a regular? Rangefinder is a Leica 1000.

Easily done on a regular with or without the basement. Well, I don't know how big the Brunton is but I would think it would be possible. Put binos in main compartment, rangefinder in the front pocket, Brunton in one side pocket, ammo on the other side pocket and tags and stuff in the back pocket. Or, if it doesn't fit in the pocket, the Brunton cna ride in the elastic on top.

In the reg with basement I have my binos (8x32) with plenty of room but they snug up nice, spot is in the basement with plenty of room for other stuff, rangefinder in front pocket with bullets, Chapstick, eye drops and bug spray in the right pocket, headlamp with spare battery in left pocket and tags/lic in back map pocket. Oh yeah my iPhone fits the top slot pocket.

I have tons of room left to keep playing with but I'll probably add a havalon in with the spot and some paracord, a lighter will go in the pocket with the Chapstick and some Fire starter. Might even be able to fit my tg-2 in a side pocket with headlamp (zebra fits with tons of room to spare).

This is just from playing with it this past weekend.

Oh yeah, I like the buckle closure system for the binos on this setup, very secure.

Easily done on a regular with or without the basement. Well, I don't know how big the Brunton is but I would think it would be possible. Put binos in main compartment, rangefinder in the front pocket, Brunton in one side pocket, ammo on the other side pocket and tags and stuff in the back pocket. Or, if it doesn't fit in the pocket, the Brunton cna ride in the elastic on top.

Brunton is pretty dang slim and small could fit just about anywhere. Sounds like a better pull the trigger.

Thanks for the info guys. Less than 4 weeks til I'm in the field and can stop thinking about buying more crap!

Thanks all! Definitely a lot to think about.

We're currently going through a major transition phase, which also includes updating and improving the website. Our Facebook has been our stopgap measure regarding product description. There's an album there specifically dedicated to our bino packs.

In the meantime, if anybody has any questions, comments, or concerns, feel free to call us or message us.

Thanks again, and keep the feedback comin =)

Dylan,

I fit all that and more in mine. I have the large without the basement, but just put an order in for a large with a basement so we'll see how that goes.

As far as weight I never even thought about it as the functionality of having everything i need including a beanie, snack, kinfe, gps, tags, 4 extra rounds, extra havalon blades, range finder, small headlamp, and oh yeah binos ;) with me negates anything 5-7 oz savings I would worry about.

I just threw up (not puked) an article on my AGC last week here on Rokslide. I can swing by when I am in town sometime and let ya check it out in person if ya want.

Back