Alternative for Sitka lightweight hoodie?

OP
fngTony

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
It’s going to be a lot thicker then the CH Lightweight. I actually wore the peloton 97 as a layering peice over my Sitka CH LW

That’s what I thought from a video review, too fuzzy. I thought of it as a ultralight midlayer.

machinethomas

Lil-Rokslider
I might try this. Not having a zip for heat dump is a bummer but how light is the material? Could you compare to the Sitka lightweight?

It’s a little thicker material than the Sitka. The Sitka is very thin. If you hold it up to light you can see through it. Almost like a mesh material. I had a lightweight Sitka short sleeve that would get some thread runs in the fabric as well. So while the Sitka is thinner and breathes a bit better, you may sacrifice a little durability.

The Patagonia is more of a stretchy polyester material, which you can see a little light through if you hold it up. I’ve beat the crap out of mine with little signs of use.

I wore the Patagonia on a four day backpacking trip in Southern Utah beginning of July this year and wouldn’t say it was too hot.

I prefer the hood on the Sitka, it’s a bit more form fitting. And I do love a half zip. That said, I wear my Patagonia hoodies year round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravKatQ

WKR
I know your looking for an alternative, but the Sitka lightweight hoody is awesome! One of my favorite pieces!

2nd that! I used the lightweight hoody all summer here in CA and it was a game changer keeping the sun off my neck and ears!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
fngTony

fngTony

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nothing with a hood. The wilkins is a really nice non-hooded shirt though.

It is from what I can tell seeing it. Wonder if someone could sew a hood on it?

tracker12

WKR
I have a light weight hoodie from Ibex and it has been a great piece of clothing. Just bought a second one.