An encounter that was scary

OP
Cam107

Cam107

Lil-Rokslider
Haven't ran into them before only on my cameras

Every single hunter that’s left in Washington that knows what wolves do to the animals thanks you for your contribution to managing them. I wish more tribal members would hunt them!

grfox92

WKR
Alot of comments about people fearing wolves or insinuating wolves are a threat to people.

I can't wrap my head around this. Wolves don't kill people. 2 People have died from wolves in the US and Canada since 1990. 50 people a year are killed by domestic dogs on average.

Between 2000-2015 24 people were killed by grizzly bears in North America.

Even if you lived in the wilderness in a tent in wolf country your entire life I bet the odds are better of you getting struck by lightning before getting attacked and killed by wolves.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Went out hunting tonight and after about an hour I suddenly heard a deer bawling then goes quiet then the deer bawls again, so I get down with my bow in hand and go investigate, and to my surprise it was a pack of wolves 70 yards away 3 of the wolves broke away think they seen me I called a park ranger and asked if we could shoot wolves and yes we could, I started filming them with my camera then suddenly a wolf showed up at 10 yards on the other side of a tree it worked around the tree to my Left and when it got in the opening at 18 yards I released an arrow and it hit its mark then as I was looking at the rest of the pack another one came running at me I yelled to stop it and when it stopped I guessed to be 30 yards. another arrow on its way and it hit its mark, it was an encounter I never thought I would have, but glad my new mathews v3 was dialed in... hope there's not alot of haters about wolf killing as I would never thought I would of had to... to add what was so unnerving was that the wolves had no fear of me...

Snow Deer hunting Military camouflage Carnivore Hunting
Great job!

Decker9

WKR
I had a similar experience once years ago. It changed my look on wolves. Excellent job on keeping your cool and coming out on top! X2!

OP
Cam107

Cam107

Lil-Rokslider
Thank you man... ya I have the same now never expected it...

Randle

WKR
Great job , to those that dont understand Until you have been cow calling while elk hunting, and have wolves howl all around you , you probably wont get it.