Another FNG from Maryland

I'm 50 and live in Southern Maryland, grew up shooting squirrels and quail, doves whatever was around. I ran traps every morning before school for coon's and fox. I started bowhunting with a compound and shot instinctive with fingers back in the late 80's. Killed some deer here and there and then life got in the way. I came back to the bow about 12 years ago killing deer, small game, and one dumb Javalina in South Texas, finally killed a Sika on public land after a lot of time spent smacking skeeters in the swamp. I shoot a longbow and have made some great friends through traditional archery. I am planning going to Colorado or possibly Washington in September 2018 with one of those friends (he has hunted both before) I have wanted to go to the mountians and hunt Elk as long as I could remember ( probably since the first time I watched Jerimiah Johnson :cool:)

Thanks for sharing your adventures it helps keep the fire stoked and as soon as I saw FNG I knew I could relate to this place been training them for almost 30 years now !!!!!!

OP
S
Thanks ! Does BMC stand for Black Mouth Cur ? Just curious if it's youir initials I hope I didn't offend you lol Just thought of that ! I know a few people who use them for bloodtrailing !

bmc1970

FNG
no not black mouth cur its my initials,,,you familiar with hounds? I have a feist that I'm training for squirrels and the cur breed is also popular for squirrels

OP
S
I have run behind a few ! I actually trained retreivers and bred them, ran them in trials for about 15 years before the kids came along. I coon hunted a couple of times but squirrel doggin' sounds fun !

Thanks River Rat ! Great picture !