FNG from Idaho

Telford29

FNG
Hello everyone, fng here. I joined the forum in 2015, have never posted before a few days ago. Thought I should say something here in the intro. Born and raised in Northern Idaho. 52 years old and have worked my whole career in the woods, logging. I feel blessed being able to bring my rifle to work every day looking for wolves and coyotes. Fall is a great time of year to be in the timber industry also. I like taking pictures, looking at the pic a day thread and others here. Just finished reading all three hundred fifty + pages of the 223 deer elk moose bear thread. I’ve got an 8 pound jug of 8208, 600 77 tmks and my new tikka should be here within a few more days. Have read all the information I can absorb about the loads being used also. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to that thread. It was and is the best thread I have ever read on any forum. Also I will add, my favorite rifle I own is a tikka t3. It started life as a 30-06. I sent this rifle to JES rebouring and he turned it into a 35 whelen. Two groove, fourteen twist. It drives tacks at 100. Love that gun! Cheers everyone and glad to be here!

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new ID member.

Eddie

P.S. You have been awarded the FNG ⭐ for today for posting your intro nine years after your join date. Better late than never as my Mom used to say. (y) This rather lengthy gap will be duly noted as I feel it is my responsibility given my exalted RS title. :LOL:

OP
Telford29

Telford29

FNG
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new ID member.

Eddie

P.S. You have been awarded the FNG ⭐ for today for posting your intro nine years after your join date. Better late than never as my Mom used to say. (y) This rather lengthy gap will be duly noted as I feel it is my responsibility given my exalted RS title. :LOL:

I knew I was gonna catch some flack for that!🤣 Thank you for the welcome eddielasvegas.

OP
Telford29

Telford29

FNG
Edit to my first post. Read 350+pages of the 77tmk deer bear elk thread, and painless load development thread combined. Very good information in both.

Hello everyone, fng here. I joined the forum in 2015, have never posted before a few days ago. Thought I should say something here in the intro. Born and raised in Northern Idaho. 52 years old and have worked my whole career in the woods, logging. I feel blessed being able to bring my rifle to work every day looking for wolves and coyotes. Fall is a great time of year to be in the timber industry also. I like taking pictures, looking at the pic a day thread and others here. Just finished reading all three hundred fifty + pages of the 223 deer elk moose bear thread. I’ve got an 8 pound jug of 8208, 600 77 tmks and my new tikka should be here within a few more days. Have read all the information I can absorb about the loads being used also. Thank you to everyone who has contributed to that thread. It was and is the best thread I have ever read on any forum. Also I will add, my favorite rifle I own is a tikka t3. It started life as a 30-06. I sent this rifle to JES rebouring and he turned it into a 35 whelen. Two groove, fourteen twist. It drives tacks at 100. Love that gun! Cheers everyone and glad to be here!
You scored a ton of points with "I have an 8 pound jug of 8208" no homo.....