Any boxing fans? Thoughts on the Tommy Fury-Paul fight?

LoggerDan

WKR
I love boxing and used to box. Pretty much only watch the heavy weights. Thoughts on said fight? Thoughts on the Fury/Usyk fight?

Reactions: Tag
Not much of a boxing fan but have been watching MMA for a long time. I was rooting against Paul when he was boxing the older retired UFC guys. I’m actually hoping Paul wins this one. Should be a better test since Fury is actually a boxer.

Team4LongGun

SUPER MODERATOR
Staff member
Out of all the "internet hype" fights, this one should be decent. Interested how it turns out

CHSD

WKR
I'm a casual MMA fan, know nothing about boxing. Is Paul any good? Or has he gotten by, by being bigger and stronger than his opponents, who seem to be washed up.

I watch mma a lot. It’s my favorite sport. I’ve been with it since ‘93 when the ufc aired its first match. But, I stopped watching boxing a long time ago. It’s too tainted and the boxers of today that are entertaining, can’t get aired over the stupid crap like Paul vs Fury.

Paul is a loud mouth but, he has improved. He stays on the boxing side and taunts mma fighters. The two styles are different and, in an octagon, he’d last about 20 seconds. But, on the terms he makes these fights, he’s the better boxer. And, this will be his first real test.

grainhog

FNG
Growing up in Chicago I used to attend golden gloves cards in person with friends and coaches (just trained, never competed). That kind of ruined me for watching boxing on TV. But a memorable lightweight fight I watched recently was Teofimo Lopez vs Vasiliy Lomachenko a while back. The speed and movement is incomprehensible.

I do watch K1 and Thai fights on YouTube and some mma out of old habit. I might buy the Jones-Gane ppv, like or hate him he's one of if not the most dominant combat sports champions of our time, kind of morbidly fascinated to just even see what he looks like at hw.

Jauwater

WKR
Have yall seen the photo the back up fighter Mike Perry posted of the supposed contract? Can't be true.......could it?

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk

Fatcamp

WKR
Have yall seen the photo the back up fighter Mike Perry posted of the supposed contract? Can't be true.......could it?

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk

I haven't but the rumors have been persistent that the contracts for Paul's fights are pretty ridiculous.

Not a boxing fan but the guy is more annoying than Sean O'Malley, which is really saying something.

ETA: 😆🤣😂 Perry is funny af. That thing isn't real but he makes a point. Paul better hope Fury makes it. Mike Perry is one bad dude.

Last edited:

Jauwater

WKR
The contract Perry posted was written like a Rocky movie script.

At first I thought 100% fake because Jake has put out a video basically making the exact prediction how the fight would go per the contract Perry posted. So the contract could have been staged. And also, just doesn't make sense for Fury to get caught up in some fake boxing match w/ pre determined rematch clause w/ Paul. This is a must win for Tommy. Best thing Tommy could do is run through him, and move on with his boxing career. He loses this fight in any way, I don't see him ever getting much respect in boxing community regardless his last name. Jake loses this fight, no big deal. He will make another fight with another big name. And he's got other avenues of revenue.

But at the same time, I dont think anyone thinks Tommy will ever be a champion, and I dunno how much he usually makes per fight compared to what he's offered w/ this fight. I remember Tyron Woodley saying he made way more fighting Paul than UFC ever paid him. And heck, Askren showed up to a boxing match looking like he's never trained a day in his life. Like he knew he was coming in to throw a fight. I dunno.

Last edited:

lamarclark09

Lil-Rokslider
It was a tremendous and well-deserving win for Tommy. Jake said that he’s in great shape and after the match giving lame excuses was such a sore loser move. Tommy performed so well despite all the pressure. That’s really commendable about him.

Fatcamp

WKR
Well, since we are here any thoughts on Jon Jones coming back at HW?

Gonna eat some wings and watch that one for sure.

Jauwater

WKR
I'd of loved to see Jon, and Francis. But yea, I'll tune in for whoever he's gonna fight whether its Gane or whoever. Sergei Pavlovich is a heavy weight I'm interested in seeing more of. Big dude, but not necessarily huge for that division. But he hits hard, and is a smart fighter.