Archery Classifieds Thoughts?

IdahoSwede

Lil-Rokslider
I love the way the classifieds are separated by optics, guns, and "rokslide" which is sort of the catch all. The only stuff that for some reason doesn't fit to me in that "rokslide" other is archery equipment - bows, sights, releases, etc. Any thoughts on adding an "archery" category to the rokslide section?

ianpadron

WKR
I support that idea, along with even more separations of items now that the forum is so huge (imho each forum i.e. sleep systems, packs, footwear, etc. should have their own classifieds page)

That said, everytime this suggestion comes up I'm reminded that it's a lot more work for the site/admins/mods etc. who do a pretty great job for all of us as-is

+1 for a separate archery classifieds. Archery and clothing virtually drown out all the other postings on the general Rokslide classified section.
I just looked out of curiosity. There's currently 30 listings on the 1st page, 7 are clothing, 5 archery. Neither one are drowning out shit.

I just looked out of curiosity. There's currently 30 listings on the 1st page, 7 are clothing, 5 archery. Neither one are drowning out shit.

BTW, thanks for making my point for me. When about half of all those classifieds on any given day are some combo of archery and clothing - yes, that drowns out the other posts.

I wouldn't mind being able to peruse the used bow market in a faster fashion, but also understand its just one more thing to keep up with.

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
BTW, thanks for making my point for me. When about half of all those classifieds on any given day are some combo of archery and clothing - yes, that drowns out the other posts.
So if half of the posts are archery and clothing and they are drowning out the other half.......then the other half would be drowning out the archery and clothing posts........right?

5MilesBack

"DADDY"
What I do know is that when I click on "new posts", the classifieds drown out the discussion threads. But I just keep scrolling until I see something interesting.

Clark33

WKR
Dare I say... take a page out Sniper Hides book? When you list something there is a drop down arrow for which category it falls into, for RS it could be Firearms, Archery, Optics, etc. You can then filter by category.Capture.JPG

Schmo

WKR
Classified Approved
+1 for archery classifieds. We have a guns & an optics thread. Only makes sense to have an archery thread too. If I’m not looking for archery equipment, I don’t wanna wade through it looking for other things.