Any difference in "Ranger Green" between Exo, HPG and Kifaru?

Movadius

Lil-Rokslider
Wanting to experiment with using other packs on my Exo K4 frame. Does anyone have some examples of Hill People Gear and Kifaru's "Ranger Green" next to Exo K4?

nodakian

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Wanting to experiment with using other packs on my Exo K4 frame. Does anyone have some examples of Hill People Gear and Kifaru's "Ranger Green" next to Exo K4?
I only have an Exo in RG so can't help with comparison pictures. However, keep in mind that any color will show variations between material rolls. For instance, I currently have three pieces of mil-spec RG, all Cordura brand from the same source but purchased about a month between, and all what I would call RG, but they are clearly three different shades. The same happens with webbing. I've even seen color differences between two Kifaru frames side by side. Therefore, don't be surprised to see variations between manufacturers.

Good luck with your search.

The only Exo I have in RG is the garmin inreach pouch. As long as that’s the same color as the packs, here is Kifaru, Exo and Marsupial RG on the side pouch - all look pretty close to me. Can’t help with HPG.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    462.4 KB · Views: 92
I only have an Exo in RG so can't help with comparison pictures. However, keep in mind that any color will show variations between material rolls. For instance, I currently have three pieces of mil-spec RG, all Cordura brand from the same source but purchased about a month between, and all what I would call RG, but they are clearly three different shades. The same happens with webbing. I've even seen color differences between two Kifaru frames side by side. Therefore, don't be surprised to see variations between manufacturers.

Good luck with your search.

This has been my experience as well. Roll to roll color variation is a noticeable thing.

sivart

WKR
I’ve found the exo green to be a little darker than the kifaru green.

My HPG kit bag matches as close as I can to tell to exactly my non stretchy parts of my K3, both RG of course.

20231205_125009.jpg

Don't have anything kifaru with me right now.

Jdmt

FNG
Kifaru ranger green looks slightly different than Exo on these examples of 357 mag and K4. I prefer the Kifaru shade if I was picking fabric but they both look good. It looks a bit more obvious in different lighting.

Attachments

• IMG_5110.jpeg
    IMG_5110.jpeg
    493.3 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_5111.jpeg
    IMG_5111.jpeg
    436.7 KB · Views: 11