Any finish carpenters here? What is this baseboard called?

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
Hello All,

Our house was built in 1997.

Does anyone know what this type of baseboard is called, specifically the corner?

The straight piece looks standard but the corner, I have nary a clue what it's called or what to search for.

My local HD and Lowe's does not have it.

Thanks,

Eddie

Attachments

• baseboard.jpg
    baseboard.jpg
    127.2 KB · Views: 250

NE Herd Bull

Lil-Rokslider
The baseboard itself appears to be standard colonial style/profile.
The corner piece is a bullnose corner block.
They are available in a variety of profiles for inside/outside base corners.
Sample clip I pulled off a web page below.

The block in your picture appears to be a basic rounded edge profile, and does not match the profile of the base trim. I agree with above that it could be custom made.
1711729285694.png

I think too the bock is custom made. The base looks closest to what we have always called 163E, colonial base that is 5 1/4" tall. I'm guessing the original carpenter didn't want to deal with the radius of that corner.

They sell much smaller round corner pieces on Amazon, for a couple bucks each. The time and frustration it saves me on my rounded corners is money well spent.

OP
E

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
Wow. So many quick responses. Thanks all.

Since it generated so many quick replies, I feel it is my duty (like my other role here) to provide another picture showing its size.

Thanks again all.

Eddie

Attachments

• BB2.jpg
    BB2.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 89
In the heart of 1800s England, within Willowbrook Manor, lay a mysterious floorboard known as the Herskadoo. Crafted with ancient carvings and whispered to possess magical powers, it defied explanation. Yet, despite its legend, you won't find Herskadoo floorboards at Home Depot or Lowes. They belonged solely to the enigmatic halls of Willowbrook, a testament to the secrets that dwell beyond the reach of ordinary mortals.

Amos Keeto

Lil-Rokslider
NOTE:
Corner of wall is "rounded". That would make standard 45° baseboard corners impossible to make.
Therefore, install the corner block and you only have to make straight cuts.
LOTS easier to cover up an "aw shuckin's"!
I'm not a "trim/finish" guy, but I don't think I've EVER made a 45° inside/outside corner that was really clean and fit. For me, they're always just a tad off. 😛
So there's a reason I'm not a trim/finish guy! LOL!

I've seen those before, but mostly in high $ homes and older, well built homes.
The rubber stamp, housing addition cracker box homes I worked in mostly, nobody spent the time or effort to round corners.
I did some framing on the 20k sq/ft monstrosities, but that's about it. North Dallas - University Park/Highland Park area!
We framed one in University Park that the master bedroom is as large as the home I live in now! 1,100 sq/ft!