Any Sauer rifle users here?

TCcowboy

FNG
Curious if anyone else uses Sauer rifles. I have used most all brands Remington, Browning, Savage, Ruger.., anyway always liked the Sauers but couldn’t afford until they came out with the 100 series. I have a 100 Classic in 6.5x55 Swede for my everyday deer/hog class rifle and a 100 XTA synthetic with grey ice cerakote in 300 Win Mag for the bigger and farther out there stuff. Both have Leupold VX3 4.5x14x40 CDS scopes. Both rifles are very accurate sub moa with good ammo and I do my part. Very good value and quality, my go to rifles now.

JFK

WKR
I’ve got a Sauer 100 in 270. Very accurate, great trigger, flush dbm. One of the better factory synthetic stocks in terms of rigidity and geometry. I like them.

OP
TCcowboy

TCcowboy

FNG
Yep like the ergo synthetic stock too, it feels solid and doesn’t have a hollow sound and I like the double stack mag as well 4+1 in the 300 Win mag

IDHUNTER

Lil-Rokslider
I got a Sauer 100 in 7mm Rem Mag last year. Very accurate. Took a mule deer at 620 yds with 150 grain Barnes Vortex ammo in the fall. I love the trigger. Not sure that there's really anything that can beat it in the price point that it's at. Tikkas are probably the closest equal. SmartSelect_20230515_125631_Gallery.jpg

Mike 338

WKR
I was checking them out. Those North Euro's know how to make a rifle that shoots well. Length of pull is a bit too long for me though. 223, 243 and 30 cals have that Euro vanilla pudding twist rate but they'll still probably shoot lights-out. If the rifle is made in the cold part of Europe, you'll probably love it.

OP
TCcowboy

TCcowboy

FNG
Yeah my 300 mag has 1-10” twist. Stabilizes 180 grain Federal Trophy Copper ammo just fine. Not planning to use any 190-200 grainers, 300 Win mag made its rep with 180 gr and I’m cool with that. Buds has large selection and great prices right now on 100 classic, XT, and Silver Cerakote finish rifles.

kswaterfowl

Lil-Rokslider
I was watching a video with a sauer 505 the other day, and thought I wouldn't mind having one. That's until I googled it and saw the price tag.

OP
TCcowboy

TCcowboy

FNG
Yeah actually my first Sauer was a 100 XT in 8x57, which is an amazing round, basically European 30/06. With the hot loaded Sellier&Bellot 196 grain SPCE bullet at 2680 fps it was a top drawer killer and the most accurate rifle I owned. Met a gentleman while working in Virginia from Serbia and he fell in love with it. He couldn’t import his so I let him buy mine from a FFL dealer in Gainesville. I miss it but know he enjoys it and as said I have my 6.5x55 and 300 Winnie. TC

BCD

WKR
I was looking at them recently and nearly bought one but they don't make a true short action so I passed. My next long action will be a Sauer 100.

ghostrider272

Lil-Rokslider
Have the 202 in left hand and love them. Too late for me to get a 100 if they ever came out in left hand. Great rifles!

I have a Sauer 100 Ceratech in 30-06. Sighted it in last minute before the elk hunt last year with some inexpensive cup and core. Nothing to write home about, but shot well enough. Look forward to seeing what it "likes". IMHO...it's the next best thing to a Tikka, but maybe with a little more "soul". Nice and light with negative cant in the buttstock, a slender Schnabel forend...really nice to carry. Have a new Sightron S1 coming for it this week. Recoil pad is hard as a rock, but want to install a Limbsaver grind-to-fit.

randy66

FNG
I have the 100 xt in 7mm-08. Love the rifle especially after I cut an inch off the stock. The lop was just a bit too much for me to get comfortable.

OP
TCcowboy

TCcowboy

FNG
Enjoyed all the responses. I really love my Sauers. Wanted to see if people knew the brand. Going to post in classifieds soon for a NIB Sauer 100 Classic in 6.5 Creedmoor with a beautiful wood grain stock.

I have the 100 xt in 7mm-08. Love the rifle especially after I cut an inch off the stock. The lop was just a bit too much for me to get comfortable.
Was there any issues cutting the stock or reattaching the butt pad?

randy66

FNG
Was there any issues cutting the stock or reattaching the butt pad?
It went very smoothly, I used a hacksaw with fine teeth to really control it after taping and marking my lines. After removing the inch I pulled out the existing butt plate and used a Dremel to resize to fit. Then epoxied that in with some jb weld. I contemplated reusing the butt pad but went with a limbsaver.

Thanks for the explanation. I also have a Mauser M12 that I'm contemplating shortening the stock.

BCD

WKR
I got a Sauer 100 in 7mm Rem Mag last year. Very accurate. Took a mule deer at 620 yds with 150 grain Barnes Vortex ammo in the fall. I love the trigger. Not sure that there's really anything that can beat it in the price point that it's at. Tikkas are probably the closest equal. View attachment 693962
Great looking rifle!! I wonder if they will offer a 7PRC in the future.