Anybody in Boise or SW Idaho want to make some money and help a fellow hunter?

I got my side by side stuck in deep and I'm out of options to get it out. It's down by the Nevada border....anybody free tomorrow to run down for a few hundred bucks? I can also show you some cool elk country and some info for how to access some private spots in Southern Idaho. Thanks.

idcuda

WKR
Dang man, I can't do it (going hunting), but wish you luck. Great country down there and it would be a worth-while trip for someone who hasn't been there before.

Marble

WKR
Best of luck and take some pictures. I've been stuck out in the woods many times.

One time I got stuck on Christmas eve and half way through Christmas day.

kiddogy

WKR
man ,that's a bummer . I really wish I could help you out . but I don't have the wheels right now and am nursing a bum leg and having trouble hobbling around
hope someone steps up and gives you a hand.
I am in mtn home and have a handyman jack and some chains, you could borrow if it would help you out. PM me if so

let us know how it works out

OP
Idaho_Potato
Thanks for all the offers, I really appreciate those that reached out. A guy named Choc Dogs over on Hunt Talk generously took the day to come get me out with his SxS. Had a good laugh about how the hell you get stuck in the mud in the middle of the desert....

Pics below. Had a 10 ish mile hike back to my truck after I got stuck Saturday in a spot where perma frost melted through. Made the choice to take a direct shot across the desert rather than hike the roads back. Had a good haul down and up Sheep Creek canyon, with a chest-deep wade across the pic with the water and ice. Happy to be home.

kiddogy

WKR
glad your back in business.
now for the important ?????s did you see any elk?

OP
Idaho_Potato
glad your back in business.
now for the important ?????s did you see any elk?

I saw 0 animals on that hike back. Kind of disappointed that I carried my rifle all that way for nothing. It has been so warm recently I assume the elk are still up high in Nevada. No reason for them to head to winter range yet.

kiddogy

WKR
there are resident elk out there , keep looking .it's big country with lots of hidy holes but they are out there. was out there a few years ago in oct hunting prairie goats and saw several bulls around sheep creek and marys creek area