Anyone have a Pre WW2 Win 70?

paddlehead

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an old stock for a Super Grade Pre WW2 Winchester 70. Im having a hard time finding everything else for it. Anyone know of any or how realistic of a pursuit it is?

Thanks!

loner

FNG
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I must ask how do you know it is pre ww2?
I have had a few m70's over the years and the only way I could tell the date was by looking at the bottom of the action were it was stamped.
They started building the M70 in 1936 and if you have a super grade stock from that time you have a very good find.
The last pre ww2 M70 that I bought was a plane Jane in 375 h&h the barrel was no good but I still gave 650 for it.
I then rebarreled it and sold it for 1400
I'm sure you know these guns were hand made back then something today if done would cost a few thousand.
The checkering on that stock is hand done and I'm sure it is very nice.
Do you know what barrel the stock is cut for and is it a long or short action stock?
You might watch gunbroker.Com for the rest.

Good luck,Loner

OP
paddlehead

paddlehead

Lil-Rokslider
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the was the back of the action is carved in to the stock is different from pre to post WW2 actions. I have consulted a lot of people and the presumption is unanimous.

I dont know any more than that. I am not set on a super grade action or barrel. I just want something that it will receive. I think it is a short action... I dont know for sure though...