Anyone tried Forloh clothing?

fwafwow

WKR
I’m in the east. I hunt the east but western style. I’ve never been able to afford to go out of state much. I also am not much for online stuff so if I come off wrong that’s usually the problem.

I didn’t figure y’all for the type(s) that would laugh a realtree/ walmart camoed guy out of camp it just can *seem* that way when these topics come up.
There is a lot that gets lost in translation online. And we’re only talking about clothes - you should see the stuff that is posted (including lots of dumb stuff by yours truly) on the General Discussion forum.

Nothing wrong with any brand of gear if it works. I went to Nebraska and had Kuiu gear on. Half of the guys at camp were not known to me and they made a LOT of fun of me (“what’s that skinny jeans shit you are wearing? Lululemon?!”) but years of hunting has made us fast hunting buddies, from Carhartt and jeans to Sitka.

Lol skinny stuff is another issue. I have trouble with sleeping bags not closing on my shoulders (but wide elsewhere?), pants, boots, and gaiters not fitting my calves, and shirts not fitting my forearms or are way too short. I’m just put together differently. The “athletic” fit needs to stop at xl on all lines IMO let’s get real here. Some Sitka coats won’t even go on my forearms at all.

gaswamp

FNG
well let me ask a question regarding their baslayers. Those that have tried them please share your opinions

fwafwow

WKR
Insect Shield shirt and pants inbound. 15% discount when purchased together. I will report back when I get them and have a chance to try them out. I just wish they made gloves with the same tech.

sneaky

"DADDY"
Yeah, I knew y’all would get your panties in a twist. Recco reflectors… at that point someone is looking for my body and I no longer care.
Seems like you're the one with your knickers in a twist. You asked a question, it was answered, you got pissed. You still didn't answer his question to you. What non-sweatshop made gear has the features you're looking for? It's a short list of US manufactured hunting clothing companies.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

sneaky

"DADDY"
I do hate freedom. :)

Nah the way I see it these companies will only come down in cost if you prove it’s not worth your time and money. I am reflecting just that. One could likely add the word “yet”.

I’m a gear head too, but sometimes rokslide is just a bunch people that think they are better than others. Often it’s just chest thumping that you don’t need camo. But Sometimes the USA made hang up just becomes virtue signaling and falls into the noise with wokeness. I’m perfectly fine with this, I’m just not going to foot the bill. Some of the high end hunting outlets pay attention here so I’m shedding some light on my position alone.

I hunt and fish hard and test my gears limits. BUT my style of hunting is a bit exceptional. I don’t expect others views to align, just pointing out that there are more than the two crowds generally catered to.
With a treestand profile pic I hardly doubt you're as exceptional of a gear tester as you make yourself out to be. No one is telling you how to spend your money, and we don't care how tough you think you are. It's solid gear that's right in line price-wise with offshore made gear. Guess that bothers you somehow.

Ho5tile1

Lil-Rokslider
I have the allclima rain jacket in LOH Green in XL I’m 5’11, 195 pounds 36 inch waist and it fits a tiny bit big which is what I wanted to go over layers and so far it has been top notch for me. Now I don’t hunt out west so can’t say how it will do hiking through the mountains or dead fall but the little bit of walking through the woods to the tree ima climb and sit in my saddle it’s don’t fine and has kept me dry. I’m happy to give my money for an American made product. All my stuff is Sitka Kuiu and first lite a few Pnuma pieces. And it has all worked well for me. Soon as it’s time to replace I will be buying more FORLOH gear for sure I’m about to give there hot weather pants a try…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With a treestand profile pic I hardly doubt you're as exceptional of a gear tester as you make yourself out to be. No one is telling you how to spend your money, and we don't care how tough you think you are. It's solid gear that's right in line price-wise with offshore made gear. Guess that bothers you somehow.

Look, bottom line is that it’s too expensive. I even said that I’ll likely own their gear. Please keep up. Feel free to re-read and keep in mind the verbiage used not what’s implied by the reader. I’ve not been “bothered” by anything here with the exception of ‘I’m better than you’ posts like your own.

Anyway, I’m glad to see someone other than me that’s also an expert in what I do. As to how tough I think I am, PM me if you need an example.

Im a simple man. I’ve not done anything out of line or spoken out of place. It’s likely you’re assuming something more than I’ve typed.

I’ll not monitor this thread after this posting; I can’t afford to lose more respect for this forum.

Bump79

WKR
Talk about a hijacked thread. Don't tune in here unless you want 2 posts about Forloh and the rest being a few guys attacking each other.

I didn’t really need anything but went and bought one of their hooded fishing shirts to support them after someone here posted a sale.

Wore it most of last week on spring break in the gulf, lots of boating and beach time. It was great in the high sun. I’ll be buying more clothing when I need it.

And holy hell, I didn’t see where the OP asked who here has the biggest cock. No wonder it’s easy to lose the attention of people that actually have advice to offer.

Last edited:
I got mine in a twist too. I’m gonna be a liar today and post again.

Well, guys I had a few lessons today. I learned some forum etiquette. I was out of line in a couple of different ways. I shoot straight and don’t pull punches but I don’t speak internet. I also get a little fired up when people act like they are better than me. I’ll lay off and learn a bit more before I mouth off again. I do stand by what has been said in full, but not how I said it (or where).

I challenge any of you to take a second to talk to me. Message, phone, in person, I don’t care. If it’s worth your time to chime in and call me a douche save those few key strokes for a PM. You might just learn something like I did.

AND Sorry for the hijack OP

for what it’s worth buy forloh gear when ya can, but wait for a sale lol.

@menhaden_man can I borrow YOUR yardstick? I’ll just need the corner.

Last edited: