Anyone with a Silvertip and bpwd net?

Tx_300wsm

FNG
I know it’s unlikely, but do you have tips for getting the two set up together? I finally got around to setting mine up but I cannot for the life of me get the two set up together without there being excess slack in the net, or the net peak being too high and it extending outside the dimensions of the Silvertip. I’m in contact with John with bearpaw but was hoping someone else may have experienced this and has suggestions.

OP
T

Tx_300wsm

FNG
I included a picture of the issue I’m having. If anyone has suggestions on what I’m doing wrong or how to fix it I would be really appreciative. Today I tried twisting the net around the pole to take up the slack, it kind of worked. I also bunched the excess up at the top of tent but not sure how I’d get it to stay there. Trying to get out and squirrel hunt with my son next week and it won’t happen without a functioning bug net.

Attachments

• 702F7040-E497-4991-9933-B3ECBBC30547.png
    702F7040-E497-4991-9933-B3ECBBC30547.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 13
To be upfront....I don't own a Silvertip or a Bearpaw nest but....do own a Kifaru Tut and MLD Duomid nest and use them in the same way.

It looks to me that your shelter height is too short for the particular nest height. My set up has the inverse issue. My height is 78"and the nest is only 55". I will stake the 4 corners of the nest out then use a short piece of bungee to hang the top of the nest from a short piece of para cord near the top of the cone of the tipi. (where I usually dry gloves and socks). Works perfectly so far. Looking at your picture, you're gonna have to alter that nest to get it to hang better in that shelter.

You might try using a hair tie or thick rubber band or short piece of cord to gather the top of the nest together then use a short bungee to hang from the top of the tipi. Similarly to your twisting method but no twist and a lower spot on the nest to grab from. Think making a 65"tall nest a 48"tall nest with a little bit of gather nest material just hanging loose above the new gathered attachment spot.

681b2f575afe92e118a595842d403476.jpg

Not a great pic but kinda shows it hanging from that piece of bungee. You’re just gonna gather a handful of neat material and use something to cinch it tight and use that bungee from a spot lower on your nest. Probably have to trial and error how much material you wanna gather up and “lose” at the top to get the rest of it to hang properly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk