Arca Rail wont fit Sirui Fluid Video Head

DD Jäger

FNG
Hi Folks ,
I bought an SRS Hunter Rail for my Tikka Rough Tech Ember , 6.5 Creedmoor . Very Nice rail Very Easy install .
However my Siriu VH10 is too wide for the Arca Rail . I mistakenly thought they were plug & play .
What do I need to make it fit ? I’d like to start shooting of my Slik 833 tripod .
Any Help would be Greatly Appreciated .
Thank You ,
DD Jäger

Are you turning the lever full clockwise then pulling the lever out spinning it CCW, releasing then taking another twist to tighten further? Sometime this has to be done multiple times to bring the clamp in far enough.

According to a camera store employee that I talked to a while back, ARCA plates aren't always exactly the same as some manufacturers modify them slightly so you have to buy their plates. Sounds like it's a moniker for a dovetail style plate, not a specific standard.

Are you turning the lever full clockwise then pulling the lever out spinning it CCW, releasing then taking another twist to tighten further? Sometime this has to be done multiple times to bring the clamp in far enough.

Good to know there's adjustment. My VA-5 head was too tight for one of my XLR chassis. I moved to an Anvil 30 head so that's solved but maybe I can have a backup still.

No Dice
It’s moving out further but still a good 1/4” or so from the Arca Rail .
Is there a plate that I could attach the Arca to that would fit my Sirui ?
Thank You

No Dice
It’s moving out further but still a good 1/4” or so from the Arca Rail .
Is there a plate that I could attach the Arca to that would fit my Sirui ?
Thank You
I just about guaranty you are not adjusting it properly. Many are confused by this adjustment on the Siriu heads. They don't put it in the instructions either.

Adjustment starts at 1:00

Damn ,
Nothing’s ever easy 😄 .
I guess I either have to shell out $400 for an RRS Anvil30 or sell my SRS Rail & use a bag on my tripod .
I appreciate all the help .
Thank You ,
DD Jäger

Hi BBob ,
I adjusted the the Sirui head but it’s not enough .
I measured my plate that came with it & have an Outdoorsman Bino adapter mounted to it & the plate for my spotting scope .
They are 2” wide , The SRS Arca Rail is 1 1/2” wide .
It’s a Very Nice Rail though .
Are there any other Good Ball Heads with out getting into RRS $$$ .
Thanks Guys ,
DD Jäger

I had the same problem, ended up selling the sirui and buying a two vets ball head.

The TY-70A (used in the head you mentioned) is an "Arca-Type" plate. Meaning it's a dovetail that is close to 1.5". The RRS spec is the non-official industry standard if you're planning on using it for shooting. SRS has had a reputation of producing rails that may or may not have been machined to the RRS spec. I would probably have been more surprised if those two fit together properly

Regardless of fitment, shooting from fluid heads is terrible & SLOW. That head specifically is also a poor choice to use for shooting. Your cheapest/easiest solution is to throw a shooting bag on top of your head (or mounted binos/spotter), and shoot from that.

I know you’ve already bought some things, but you’re setting yourself up to fight against your gear. If you want to clip-in, I would buy a higher quality ballhead (Anvil 30, RRS BH-40 or 55). Personally, I'd also swap out that rail as switching from Arca to Pic makes things harder than it needs to be. One of the biggest benefits of a full length rail is the ability to easily/quickly move the head/bipod fore/aft.
What's the logic re: shooting from fluid heads? Never tried it but was thinking about throwing a plate on my predator AR to use on the VA-5 head.

Shooting from a tripod is all new to me . I just figured I could use what I had .
That’s Not going to work out so good for me . 😂
This is my 1st foray into using a tripod , Looks like it might be a little longer before I foray .
I should’a asked some questions first , I just figured it was all plug & play . 😂
I appreciate all the help guys .
DD Jäger

I recently switched to Arca plates for optics assuming they’d all be universal. I assumed wrong (read in Morgan freeman voice)

I Really Appreciate you guys help .
I’m going to look into getting the RRS Anvil 30 for shooting . I’ll keep the Siriu VH 10 for my Kowa 883 & NL10x42 .
You guys Generously Share Your Wealth of Knowledge & It’s Greatly Appreciated . 😀
It may get Expensive listening to it , 😂 But Buy Once , Cry Once is less Frustrating & More Enjoyable in the long run . 😀👍😀
Thanks Again ,
DD Jäger

I’m going to get the RRS Anvil 30 .
What all do I need to make it work with my SLIK 883 & SRS Hunter Arca Rail .
Also will it work for glassing with my Kowa & NL 10x42 .
Are there any deals out there on the Anvil ?
Thanks ,
DD Jäger

TK-421

I Really Appreciate all your help .
The RRS tripod isn’t in the budget right now . I’ll have to make do with my SLIK 833 .
This started out to just mount an Arca Rail on my Tikka . 😂😂😂
I intend on buying the Anvil 30 today . I’m just looking around to see if any are in stock & possibly have a coupon code or free shipping .
Thank You Everyone for all the help ,
DD Jäger

Back