Archery hunt in full camo? Or solid color ok?

Just curious what your thoughts are on archery elk hunting with solid color pants such as prana?

I see Corey Jacobson and others on youtube with full camo and my first thought about their visuals is that they show off their white faces in front of the elk.

I don’t like camo pants but I plan to conceal my white face.

Just curious what your thoughts are on archery elk hunting with solid color pants such as prana?

I see Corey Jacobson and others on youtube with full camo and my first thought about their visuals is that they show off their white faces in front of the elk.

I don’t like camo pants but I plan to conceal my white face.
All respect for Cory, but he is showing his face for the camera I'm sure.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Solids are fine. Movement and wind will get you before solid colors ever do. That said i break up my white face a little with cork.

swampokie

WKR
I feel like there is a reason they created camo. The new trend is that sitka kuiu and first lite solids rule. Not sure I understand all the love for solids but hey whatever floats ur boat I guess.

Squirrels

WKR
I feel like there is a reason they created camo. The new trend is that sitka kuiu and first lite solids rule. Not sure I understand all the love for solids but hey whatever floats ur boat I guess.

$$$$$$$$$$$$...it’s a big industry and the camo companies have done well for themselves

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BrentLaBere

Lil-Rokslider
solid color will work just fine. but I do stick to 'earth' tones and quiet material
with that said I do have plenty of camo

widnert

Lil-Rokslider
You can go out in jeans and a flannel shirt and kill elk. Folks have been doing that for a very, very long time. You shouldn't even spend 1/2 second thinking about this question. Just go.

codym

WKR

I like solids because I can wear them to work and activities other than hunting. My attack pants are awesome to wear around the office and I like to use my merino at the gym. For the price I want to be able to get multiple uses out of a garment.

Wapiti1

WKR
Elk are solid colors. Come to think of it, outside of birds, all of the animals I hunt, predators, or prey are mainly solid colors. None of them are easy to spot in their natural habitats.

I hunt in a mix of solids and camo. My hunt clothing choices are dictated by the functionality of the clothing piece far more than camo pattern or color.

Jeremy

buggy

FNG
I agree that solids are just fine and movement and scent are the bigger issues to address but... I think in many situations camo can/will help. If you're a lousy hunter like I am, you need every little advantage you can get. I like to do everything I can to tip the scales in my favor.

That being said, If solids are all you have or can afford DO NOT let that stop you from getting out in the woods. I killed my first buck in jeans, my brother's old boots that were about 3 sizes too big, and an old ski jacket.

jetsled

FNG
Look the part or be the part? Camo means jack....killed lots of elk in blue Jean's and a flannel. No matter what all the squids say dressed head to toe in some new age pattern.

johnhenry

Lil-Rokslider
Last year I had the pleasure of hunting with an guy who at 72 never wore camo.

opening morning of 1st rifle we headed out with him wearing blue khakias and an old style filing station attendant coat in light grey. no pack, no range finder, no binocs, one small folding knife and a candy bar in his pocket. he had an elk on the ground by 8:00 that morning. hell not too many years ago he didn't even have a scope on his rifle.

Elk are solid colors. Come to think of it, outside of birds, all of the animals I hunt, predators, or prey are mainly solid colors. None of them are easy to spot in their natural habitats.

I hunt in a mix of solids and camo. My hunt clothing choices are dictated by the functionality of the clothing piece far more than camo pattern or color.

Jeremy
I'm pro-solid color for hunting clothes, but don't characterize most animals simply as solid brown, tan, grey or brown.

Feathers, hair, fur, scales, and fur all have a highly complex texture that scatters light and hide them effectively.

Most of us have seen deer dissapear and reapear magically in front of our eyes. Their texture and some shading fools our eyes very effectively.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

WoolyBugger

Lil-Rokslider
Not to be a dick but... Really?! People have been hunting without optifade since the beginning of time