Arctic National wildlife refuge

ptarmigan

FNG
For the cheechakos, here is a visual of 1002 area of ANWR and the coastal plain. The pads woudn't even be a pinhead on that map. The pictures and videos that the anti-drilling crowds put out are never of the actual area that would be drilled. I respect folks opinion of not wanting to drill here, but don't let me catch you utilizing anything that uses or is made of petroleum products. I'd rather use our own oil than keep sending money overseas.

Here are some caribou and musk ox in Prudhoe being affected by a drill rig.

There are sooo many misconceptions spawned from propaganda, emotion, and a general ignorance of the area impacted (not to mention what impact there will be).

Ratamahatta

Lil-Rokslider
For the cheechakos, here is a visual of 1002 area of ANWR and the coastal plain. The pads woudn't even be a pinhead on that map. The pictures and videos that the anti-drilling crowds put out are never of the actual area that would be drilled. I respect folks opinion of not wanting to drill here, but don't let me catch you utilizing anything that uses or is made of petroleum products. I'd rather use our own oil than keep sending money overseas.

There are sooo many misconceptions spawned from propaganda, emotion, and a general ignorance of the area impacted (not to mention what impact there will be).
Reminds me of the kayakers protesting the offshore drilling rig. Oil was used in the process of making those kayaks.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

Billinsd

WKR
Reminds me of the kayakers protesting the offshore drilling rig. Oil was used in the process of making those kayaks.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Protestors like them only buy kayaks and equipment made from pixie dust.

Billinsd

WKR

Beautiful to see my favorite things together in the same setting, wild game and oil being produced to make my hunting gear and power my vehicles for me to go hunting!!

Broomd

WKR
Drill baby Drill....

The misinformation that has been spewed for years by the whackadoodle environmentalists has forever tainted any rational discussion about drilling in the 1002 area.

Man, ain't that the truth.
The media (mainstream, Outside magazine, Mother Earth News, Mother Jones, et al.) are virtual gods to some, they speak; the uninformed masses genuflect.

Hard to imagine an area that hasn't been subjected to more scrutiny and diligence as it relates to prudent resource management and extraction.
Kudos to Trump and Congress for getting this done! About damn time.

I appreciate the links some of your provided. Some real good info for sure. It appears BHA is against any development in the area from a couple of quick reads on their site. I could not find out why BHA has chosen this stance (I.E. "we stand against this because this. this this). I am a BHA member and due to the Holidays have not reached out to them for clarification and I personally haven't formed a concrete opinion yet.

VernAK

WKR
This debate appears to be along geopolitical lines. CO and CA versus AK!

In the 70s and 80s I worked in oil exploration in and around ANWR ANWR is indeed a unique
chunk of nature but 1002 is certainly not the crown jewel of ANWR and would be the last place
I'd select for a hunt of any type.

A well was drilled on Native lands within 1002 in 84/85 time frame. Google on "KIC #1" and you
will find the stories of the best kept secrets in the oil industry. And photos!

The Marsh Creek anticline gets geolgists very excited when flying over.

My eyes were always focused toward the Eastern Brooks Range where local folks were
able to hunt dall's sheep with snowmobiles.

This week's signing of the bill is so far removed from the actual production of oil that I know
I won't be around to see it. The engineering and environmental constraints placed on
the Prudhoe Bay area were the most rigid of anywhere in the world and I suspect ANWR drilling
and production will be far more tightly controlled.

Should serious oil production from ANWR come about, the current TAPS [trans alaska pipeline system] will need
a rebuild as it's 40 years old and has been down graded several times.

This debate has occurred with each change of administration for the past forty years without any knowledge
of "how much" or even "if" ANWR holds oil.......seems dumb to me!. The Feds did the seismic survey in early
80s and sold results to anyone interested.......shoulda drilled a couple holes seems to me. Maybe the oil has migrated out
to another formation as in well Mukluk #1.

Anyway....don't get your Smartwool undies in a wad as most of you hunt in the Brooks range or the northern foothills and
exploration in that country only found some nice gas fields [Kavik] it also brought you hunters some nice airstrips.....Kavik, Finn Creek etc.