ARES G2 UHD vs Swarovski STS-65 HD

Looking at buying the Ares G2 UHD 65mm for my step father. I have the Swaro STS-65HD 25x50 wide angle, how much difference would there be in the following situations:

200yds - 22 cal bullet hole
500yds - 30 cal bullet hole
1600yds mule deer antlers
dawn dusk (minutes)

He has a fairly tight budget. Looking to get him a glassing setup with tripod and digi-scope adapter for around the $1k mark.

Looking at the 85mm as well but can't find many reviews on it.

Open to other recommendations as well.

OP
R
any recommendations on window mounts? - this will most likely be his primary use.

I just bought a Vortex (gasp) window mount with the Arca Swiss QR plate . I really like it so far. it is smaller than my old bushnell cast metal one that wore out after 30 plus years.

Tilt and pan are both controlled by twisting the pan control arm to loosen or tighten. My old Bushnell operated this same way so I have lots of experience with this style. I also purchased the basic Vortex mount to put and leave on a dedicated truck scope. It has separate locks for tilt and pan, I am trying to like it but have way more comfort with the other one so far. Not a deal breaker just different. The Vortex plates work in my Va5 head on my tripod as well. I did have to remove the tiny allen screws on the bottom of the plates.

I'd go with a Cabela's CX Pro or a Cabela's Krotos spotter if you're going for lower cost. I've had the 86 mm and 65 mm versions and they're both great. They're basically the Athlon Cronus and Aeres in different packaging and at a much lower price on the secondary market.