Argali game bags M.O.B/ High country or both??

Dead set on purchasing the Argali M.O.B set but then got thinking if it is worth buying the high country set as well for deer season. Or if the Mob set will serve both purposes. I would like to keep meat on bone for both elk and deer. Thank you for the input

hunterjmj

WKR
If I'm strictly hunting antelope or deer I carry the high country bags. If I'm elk hunting I carry the MOB bags. The MOB will work for all of them.

Jethro

WKR
If you had the MOB could just carry 2 of the bags for deer quarters along with a smaller bag for loins or grind meat etc.

Never a problem to put a smaller animal in a big bag. Gets a lot tougher when you try to put a larger animal in a small bag.

Legend

WKR
Dead set on purchasing the Argali M.O.B set but then got thinking if it is worth buying the high country set as well for deer season. Or if the Mob set will serve both purposes. I would like to keep meat on bone for both elk and deer. Thank you for the input
This is not the question you asked...but we pack a lot of critters every year and we use walmart .99 cent cheese cloth game bags. I take a lot of pride in meat care and don't really see the benefit of fancy game bags and the added weight in most scenarios.

My advice is to not overthink it. Get whatever meets your objectives.

Red33

FNG
I have the Argali MOB bags and use them for both. For deer, I often only take 2-3 instead of the whole set.

hunterjmj

WKR
This is not the question you asked...but we pack a lot of critters every year and we use walmart .99 cent cheese cloth game bags. I take a lot of pride in meat care and don't really see the benefit of fancy game bags and the added weight in most scenarios.

To each his own as I really don't care what others use but the Argali bags are super light, super strong and really protect the meat from dirt, bugs and debris. I'm going 4 years on a set and they should last me a lifetime. I also like the fact I can hang quarters from the draw string without using other rope. Just my opinion.

OP
Jordan5452
To each his own as I really don't care what others use but the Argali bags are super light, super strong and really protect the meat from dirt, bugs and debris. I'm going 4 years on a set and they should last me a lifetime. I also like the fact I can hang quarters from the draw string without using other rope. Just my opinion.
Which did you go with

jtevanMT

Lil-Rokslider
I was really impressed with the Argali large MOB bags (used for 3 elk so far) so I purchased the Argali high country (boned out elk) set for backcountry hunts. Hope to put the new set to work in September.

I just ordered the high country set no use yet but impressed with the quality and small they pack compared to the cheap bags I used to pack. I tend to debone in the field and could easily fit deer or antelope quarters in the bags

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

I have both and used both, after harvesting my bull and using my bags, I had to use regular Walmart bags on my cow the next day. Day 4 I put my buck in the high country set. I also ordered an extra couple small bags for misc meat, a cape or whatever else. I really like them, and even when the meat froze I could still pull them decently off without ripping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pacific_Fork

Well Known Rokslider
Have they even been out 4 years?? I thought they came out 2 maybe 3 years ago.

I used the MOB set on my bull last year and two bags ripped holes instantly and I was careful. My caribou bags are still strong after 5+years.

Do you only hunt late season?

Because if your hunting when the blow flies are out you must like eating larva.

I switched from the caribou gear carnivore bags because on elk sometimes I would even have to split bone out quarters to get them in the opening.

Went with Argali MOB and love them, for me its worth the few ounces to be able to drop in a bone in quarters.

I rarely haul the bone out.
But I usually quarter and bag, then make the decision on what I'm boning. And I may not bone out the rest until the return trip.