Argali Owyhee 1P Tent | What do you wanna know?

Zork

FNG
Can anyone tell me if these have interior hang loops for hanging a bivy sack? I can't tell from photos or the description. Thanks.

OP
Jaden Bales
Can anyone tell me if these have interior hang loops for hanging a bivy sack? I can't tell from photos or the description. Thanks.
Not sure if this is what you mean, but there are some loops inside for holding the vestibule back that work for hanging stuff.

IMG_9648.jpeg

CEG017

FNG
Can anyone on here comment on the space requirements requires to pitch this shelter compared to the Rincon? My main concern with the Rincon is the foot print but the extra space looks really nice to have. Plus the ability to run a stove. I'm mainly going to use the shelter for run and gun elk hunting, mid to high country mule deer, and some backpacking trips.

Would love to hear your thoughts!

OP
Jaden Bales
Can anyone on here comment on the space requirements requires to pitch this shelter compared to the Rincon? My main concern with the Rincon is the foot print but the extra space looks really nice to have. Plus the ability to run a stove. I'm mainly going to use the shelter for run and gun elk hunting, mid to high country mule deer, and some backpacking trips.

Would love to hear your thoughts!
Wish I had used the Rincon to compare for ya. What's your stature? That stove would be darn nice to have in the Rincon. I've only used the Absaroka for what you're talking about and it's been easy enough to find spots to pitch that, I'm not sure it'd be that tough to pitch the Rincon. Could be wrong, place dependent, of course.

CEG017

FNG
Wish I had used the Rincon to compare for ya. What's your stature? That stove would be darn nice to have in the Rincon. I've only used the Absaroka for what you're talking about and it's been easy enough to find spots to pitch that, I'm not sure it'd be that tough to pitch the Rincon. Could be wrong, place dependent, of course.
I'm only 5'8 so I'm a pretty short guy. You use the Absaroka for kind of a run and gun setup or as a base camp?

OP
Jaden Bales
I'm only 5'8 so I'm a pretty short guy. You use the Absaroka for kind of a run and gun setup or as a base camp?
I will say, I'm 5'7" and think the Owyhee doesn't make me want more. But for the Absaroka, I used it on two different hunts this summer where we set it up and moved it each day. It's not hard to set up or tear down as long as you have the space for it.

Ozzymodel70

Lil-Rokslider
It's a little hard to judge the footprint from pictures but how would it do for steep high country hunts? I'm considering this or the SG sky air ult with the vestibule.

OP
Jaden Bales
It's a little hard to judge the footprint from pictures but how would it do for steep high country hunts? I'm considering this or the SG sky air ult with the vestibule.
We did some steep high-country stuff in the alpine for bighorn sheep, deer, and black bear last year. I never wanted or wish I had a smaller footprint.

fbhandler

WKR
Was wondering if it has a tab/tie out or anyway to attach a line at the top in the center so that can be staked out rather then the left side front, so that both doors can be rolled back ?

Last edited:

DeePow

FNG
Go with Six Moon Design Lunar Solo youll fit in that one. Its a similar setup to this in Design but Id say more breathable cause the Pitch does not go to ground.
I’d steer clear of the Lunar Solo. I had it set up in fairly areas with decent airflow and still got horrendous condensation. Enough that my bag was damp in the morning. I was pretty surprised to see the Owyhee basically replicated the footprint but I assume with the double wall the condensation should be less

OP
Jaden Bales
I’d steer clear of the Lunar Solo. I had it set up in fairly areas with decent airflow and still got horrendous condensation. Enough that my bag was damp in the morning. I was pretty surprised to see the Owyhee basically replicated the footprint but I assume with the double wall the condensation should be less
I’ve had great luck with zero condensation on my bag in the Owyhee with the double wall.