Owyhee 1p vs rincon 2p

So for starters I'm looking to change up my back country kit a little this year to better suit my needs.

I'm debating between the argali Owyhee 1p and rincon 2p

I'm leaning towards Owyhee 1p simple for the footprint in the back country and finding places to pitch it .

However I do 2-3 hunts out west a year as I'm from the Midwest. And I typically do 1 of those every year with my girlfriend typically during archery season from August-October depending on the state . As well as sporadic camping adventures in the summer. So the added footprint and space of the 2p as well as having the option to use the 2p as a hot tent in October interests me aswell

So my main question is based on footprint size has anyone had difficulty finding a spot to pitch the rincon in the high country. I don't have a problem getting a lesser quality more inexpensive tent for when i have her with me . But for the pack country ounces are important to me

I don’t own either of those shelters but use a Kifaru Tut every Sept in CO for archery elk. It’s got a 100”x100” foot print and I’ve yet to find a place I couldn’t pitch it. I’ve looked into the weight savings of the Rincon but can’t give up the height of the Tut. From standing to get dressed and using a UL chair on occasion, I’m afraid to go “shorter”. The Rincon shouldn’t be hard to pitch anywhere from my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Bergy-Bowsmith
I don’t own either of those shelters but use a Kifaru Tut every Sept in CO for archery elk. It’s got a 100”x100” foot print and I’ve yet to find a place I couldn’t pitch it. I’ve looked into the weight savings of the Rincon but can’t give up the height of the Tut. From standing to get dressed and using a UL chair on occasion, I’m afraid to go “shorter”. The Rincon shouldn’t be hard to pitch anywhere from my experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I appreciate that insight!!

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have both and sometimes it takes a bit longer to find a suitable space for the Rincon, however it doesn't seem to be that big of an issue. The owyhee definitely is easier to find a smaller space.

Randy

Owyhee
20230829_160136.jpg20230829_160952.jpg

Rincon 2p
20221013_181010.jpg20221013_180844.jpg20220701_191841.jpg20220702_140512.jpg