Argali Talus Tarp

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Shoot2HuntU
I used this Tarp last fall. Here are my thoughts.

It’d be nice if Argali would add 2 more guyout points to the 8.5’ sides of the tarp. As opposed to only having one guyout point between the corners. I currently have the DST (both versions; Dyneema and Nylon), which are configured the way I’m describing. The extra guyout points have been very helpful when dealing with ripping ridge top winds in Alaska.

Agreed, I was excited for a poly tarp from them until I saw the missing guy outs on the 8.5' sides - limits some set ups like the fully enclosed tent configuration Clay Hayes shows in his videos - I like that for when the weather is worse than anticipated. Also can use them both instead of the center point for the closed a-frame and get more useable space than the normal enclosed a-frame... in the video from Argali. Plus Seek finally gave in and made the DST in Sil Poly - but after I bought materials to make my own sil poly DST-ish tarp...

It’d be nice if Argali would add 2 more guyout points to the 8.5’ sides of the tarp. As opposed to only having one guyout point between the corners. I currently have the DST (both versions; Dyneema and Nylon), which are configured the way I’m describing. The extra guyout points have been very helpful when dealing with ripping ridge top winds in Alaska.
More would be better in a nasty wind. Although I hardly use those guy-outs on my Dyneema tarp.

Back