Arizona draw results

Blackdirt Cowboy

Lil-Rokslider
I think so. I have an account that I log in to that has all of my information and it allowed me to enter into the draws...if that is what you mean? I did call F&G before the draw application period closed to ask if I was good to go with my applications and I was told that I was good to go.

My portal was the same way. I called in and for some reason, I had two accounts. One with my SSN as my sportsman ID and one with an AZGF supplied number as my ID. They had to merge the two accounts and now my portal shows my sportsman ID.

jmcd22

WKR
My portal was the same way. I called in and for some reason, I had two accounts. One with my SSN as my sportsman ID and one with an AZGF supplied number as my ID. They had to merge the two accounts and now my portal shows my sportsman ID.

I can't imagine they would take my money and tell me I was good to go if my account was incomplete...but who knows...it is the government! Thanks for the help!

Morrid7

FNG
I got drawn for late archery bull in 23.

Dang. Hoping for the late rifle.

So should I put away the struggle stick and bring out the compound for this hunt?! I’m really stressing over this.

Congrats! I was hoping to draw that too, but now I have another bonus point instead :(

Good luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bailer

Lil-Rokslider
I can't imagine they would take my money and tell me I was good to go if my account was incomplete...but who knows...it is the government! Thanks for the help!
You can try calling the automated system for your results. It worked for my son who doesn’t have a portal account

jmcd22

WKR
You can try calling the automated system for your results. It worked for my son who doesn’t have a portal account

I didn't know that existed. I was going to wait a few days and let the rush of calls that I am sure they are getting doe down. I will definitely give this a try, thanks! Always something when applying to a new state!

Bailer

Lil-Rokslider
I didn't know that existed. I was going to wait a few days and let the rush of calls that I am sure they are getting doe down. I will definitely give this a try, thanks! Always something when applying to a new state!
602-942-3000

Are you
I really have no idea lol. I need to do more research on the area. Ideally I’d like to get into one of the wilderness areas and do more spot and stalking while keeping an open mind about sitting water holes I may come across. I just haven’t found much as far as a confirmation that the wilderness areas have a descent population of elk in them. Seems like they could potentially be pretty dry.

My general hunting strategy is to get away from roads and other hunters, while always trying to think outside the box on overlooked areas. Hopefully that Strategy will work on my first elk hunt.

I really don’t like the idea of sitting water, but I’m prepared to do whatever it takes to get a bull down. Going to devote nearly everyday of the season to hunting and will be in the best shape possible.

Maverick offered to pack meat for me via PM so that’s reassuring as I’ll be solo.
Are you local or out of state?

I’ll be up there quite a bit. Definitely a ton of elk on the east side. Just tough access.

I’m in the Gilbert area, but I got a place up in 23 north. So I’ll be up there a ton.

PM me. And we can figure this out, brother.

I did this hunt two Novembers ago. There are some great bulls in there, it will be especially so given the moisture the state is seeing this year. The odds are stacked against you in most spot and stalk situations given the terrain and brush. The only bulls we saw taken were over water. One possible solution would be to use the compound when stalking and the struggle stick when sitting?

Fisk.

Yes. That’s what I’m worried about. I don’t really want to sit water.

The plan now is to scout the 3 or 4 weekends before and see if I can find a movement pattern with the bulls. Then I’ll sit water or along their paths with my recurve. At least the first weekend.

Then spot and stalk the second weekend with my compound?

How did your hunt go?

Congrats! I was hoping to draw that too, but now I have another bonus point instead :(

Good luck to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks bro.

I hope you get this hunt next year. Hit me up if you do. I’ll help glass and pack.

Jakeb

Lil-Rokslider
Are you

Are you local or out of state?

I’ll be up there quite a bit. Definitely a ton of elk on the east side. Just tough access.

I’m in the Gilbert area, but I got a place up in 23 north. So I’ll be up there a ton.

PM me. And we can figure this out, brother.

Unfortunatly I'm in Louisiana so I'm a long ways away. I'm not able to send you a pm, possibly due to my post count? Send one my way if you don't mind. I'd like to run a few things by you.

tommy1005

FNG
Nothing for me. Didn’t really need to draw with Africa in June anyway. Guess I’ll be doing some OTC archery to learn some areas

fiskeri1

Lil-Rokslider
Fisk.

Yes. That’s what I’m worried about. I don’t really want to sit water.

The plan now is to scout the 3 or 4 weekends before and see if I can find a movement pattern with the bulls. Then I’ll sit water or along their paths with my recurve. At least the first weekend.

Then spot and stalk the second weekend with my compound?

How did your hunt go?
Apart from not filling a tag, it was an amazing hunt. We saw bulls every day for 12 days but didn’t get a single open shot opportunity under 120 yards. I had this little guy in the picture at 45 yards on the first day and didn’t have an opening. 😭

I don’t enjoy sitting water either and did a minimal amount of it. The effectiveness depends on how much water is around. The canyon bottoms all had water so the bulls weren’t hitting tanks real often.

Scouting ahead and finding bulls’ patterns is a very good idea. Bring stout hiking boots. There were times I swore I never wanted to see parts of this unit again but 23 late archery was my second choice for this draw. 😀

Attachments

• DC117B28-8889-4AA8-8D99-E0E836162722.jpeg
    DC117B28-8889-4AA8-8D99-E0E836162722.jpeg
    578.8 KB · Views: 25

flyfishaz

FNG
Congratulations to all that drew..........hoping your freezers get full!
Thanks! I drew Unit 23 late rifle bull. I have a cabin in that unit, and I see a lot of big bulls during the rut...just got to figure out where they go after the rut. I plan on hunting every hour possible during the hunt.