Asking for quilt and pad recommendations

Still gearing up from the ground floor to hunt this fall. I have a Sawtooth and medium box stove on order. Just bought a Nomad pack w/ camo bag and LH lid. Getting into sleep system now. I'm a big dude @ 6'5"/255 and a side sleeper. I expect to be out in overnight temps down in the 20's (probably no less.) I've research Therma rest and BA pads. Leaning towards an E/E quilt.

Have read older threads until my eyes are bleeding. Anyone care to offer any thoughts or recommendations there?

slick

WKR
Exped..I've had BA ins. Q core and it had a leaky valve. I have the Synmat UL 7 MW. Best nights sleep I've had on a pad. I really like the Exped valve system + a schnozzle bag and wa-la. You have a winning combo. If the 3.1 R-value on the Synmat 7 wasn't good enough, I'd look at the down mats.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Love my BA q core. Wanting to try an EE rev or katabatic.

Geriggs,

That is my exact setup. I also use it with an exped Synmat from time to time also. But the quilt and Bivy are my mainstays. Youll love them.

jm1607

WKR
I'm going with an Xtherm and 10 degree EE this year.. Haven't tried either yet but will soon

Im 6'2" at 205. So not quite the brute you are! BUT that being said. I've got a Sea to summit Comfort plus pad (large) and an EE 20* Revelation quilt (long, wide) and it is a PEFECT setup. The pad is the most comfortable and quiet pad I've tried and I've gone through a handful of all the popular pads, and theres nothing like an EE quilt. Im a warm sleeper and use the quilt down to the high teens with a base layer.

REI stocks the pads if you live near one, try it out. The pad isnt the lightest but since I saved weight on the EE quilt and my Seek Outside shelter this year, Im still lighter than last years set up but will be way more comfortable sleeping. Its also double layered so if you have a leak on one layer you'll still be off the ground and insulated in case you dont want to patch it at 3 in the morning :)

Lastcar

Lil-Rokslider
I have an EE Rev, Xtherm and Borah Bivy. I am little guy but just go with the sizing that EE suggests. I went with reg reg with their advice I think and it is perfect. I have a 40 and a 20.

I do regret not adding the extra water proof materials for the head and foot area...I think. Had a bunch of moisture last weekend but could have been my set up. Whole LBO had a ton of moisture. Still getting the hang of floorless.

That bivy is on Massdrop.com right now for 65 bucks, well worth it.

I have thought about adding an Xlite for the summer scouting trips. We are on the cusp of a very warm summer in BC this year. Going to push over 100F in Kamloops today. But not sure if it is really worth it. I'll have to see if the Xtherm is too warm. Cools down pretty good at elevation so hoping to not want a 2nd pad.

Rucker61

WKR
I have the Seek Outside version of the EE Rev; it has an extra draft collar sewn into the top. I use it with an X-Lite pad and the Thermarest sheet. I also have a Borah bivy but I don't use it much. I did have John at Bearpaw sew a couple of stake loops into the top to hold me in place.