Athlon Spotter

Hey guys, I just wanted to see if I could get some first hand perspective on the Ares 20-60x85 spotter by Athlon. I can find all kinds of reviews on the 65mm but they are rare for the 85mm scope. I'm looking for info on the optic quality. I know it's a tank compared to the 65mm just wanting to know if the optics are on the same level?

elkguide

WKR
I thought that the 85 did what a bigger objective lens does and brings in more light.

Just not the spotter for me.

OP
Iawalleyeguy
This will be my 1st scope. I will be using it 99% of the time on fairly flat ground in Iowa for whitetails. I just can justify spending a whole paycheck on a swaro or kowa.

Flyrodr

FNG
I bought this very scope from Doug a week or so ago. I was looking for a scope that gathered more light (the local indoor 100-yd range is pretty well lighted, but certainly not daylight bright), and had posed the question "Do you have a spotting scope that's reasonably high quality, reasonably low priced, and that an old guy can see .22LR holes with at 100 yards?" He laughed and said I was in luck, as it was the last day of a sale. I tried out the scope last week, and it was great. Not, as Doug said, one to take backpacking, but great for the range, shorter field trips, and for my wife's birding. Highly recommended - - - both the scope and Doug!