ATV weekly rental?

Kevin Bogert

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone rent an atv for a week long hunt? What did it cost? Seems like any rental place has like trail-riding, souped-up sxs and they're pretty pricey for daily rental fees. Even better, anyone ever find someone on here or other site that would rent just like a ranch atv for a week hunt? I'm sure people have done this sort of thing..

I have a hunt planned with a few trips prior to it. Trying to work out the details/logistics on how to have something to get me from A to B and hunt on some non-truck roads without hauling it on the trips before the hunt and overdoing the driving just to go get mine. Anyone have an atv they'd lend out for a week hunt in western CO? (obviously for a price, just don't need as fancy as the commercial places are offering) Or is this just a crazy thought and people would never do that sorta thing? Set me straight

Crusader

WKR
Folks may be reluctant to do that, fearing you'd get in an accident or have a problem and end up injured and they'd be held liable.

OP
Kevin Bogert

Kevin Bogert

Lil-Rokslider
Yeah I wondered about liability too.. seems like that could be handled pretty quickly with a sign of a paper but I would understand.

I guess an unlikely pipe dream. Need to know someone.

I looked into it a couple years ago in Colorado. By the time I added up the cost, it would’ve been better off for me to buy a cheap used unit and then resell it when I was done with it after the hunting season.

11boo

WKR
There are two guys who could use my machine and you aren’t one.

We have a few rental joints around, and I thought the same as you. It was going to be close to 1k a week with the trailer. I just bought my own, and a good trailer. Haul it all the time, all over.

if you are coming thru grand junction look up adrenaline driven rentals.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I’d consider it. Long way off and probably want to wait to commit a little while but shoot me a PM with some details and there’s a chance we can work something out. No promises.

OP
Kevin Bogert

Kevin Bogert

Lil-Rokslider
I looked into it a couple years ago in Colorado. By the time I added up the cost, it would’ve been better off for me to buy a cheap used unit and then resell it when I was done with it after the hunting season.
I hadn't gotten my calculator out but a quick search on daily rates of those fancy things it was adding up quick. Figured this was the case. Just thought might be a win-win if someone had one sitting around and could make a few bucks and I wouldn't have to buy/resell one.

We have a few rental joints around, and I thought the same as you. It was going to be close to 1k a week with the trailer. I just bought my own, and a good trailer. Haul it all the time, all over.

Understandable haha. Thanks for the recommendation, high prices. That would add up really quick.. I think it'd easily break 1k for the week.

OP
Kevin Bogert

Kevin Bogert

Lil-Rokslider
I’d consider it. Long way off and probably want to wait to commit a little while but shoot me a PM with some details and there’s a chance we can work something out. No promises.
I'll send you a PM!

Jt13

FNG
I've got a UTV reserved at both Sunbelt and United for this fall. It cost about the same to rent one and a trailer for what it would cost me in extra gas to tow one 4000+ miles round trip. Looking like $700 for 14 days of rental and $300 for the trailer.

All that being said, both rental places are EXTREMELY unreliable. I have been assured that a rental reservation is not a guarentee that one will be available. If the person or company renting them before you doesn't bring them back then it's tough luck.... I'm just operating under the assumption that I'm going to get screwed over and will be ATV-less.

Phaseolus

WKR

Can I use your machine? I want to go up the Battlements.

11boo

WKR
I've got a UTV reserved at both Sunbelt and United for this fall. It cost about the same to rent one and a trailer for what it would cost me in extra gas to tow one 4000+ miles round trip. Looking like $700 for 14 days of rental and $300 for the trailer.

All that being said, both rental places are EXTREMELY unreliable. I have been assured that a rental reservation is not a guarentee that one will be available. If the person or company renting them before you doesn't bring them back then it's tough luck.... I'm just operating under the assumption that I'm going to get screwed over and will be ATV-less.
If I could have found a deal like that I would probably have not bought my SxS .