Rental car limiting your hunt?

Trial153

WKR
We rented a brand new F150 with like 300 miles on it for a late season mule deer hunt, we ended hunt hunting like 2 hours one way from where we were staying. We put like 2500 miles on the truck, took it into some ungodly places, and beat the living shit out of it. I mean I know we broke stuff because I wired some things back together.
They gave us an 800 bill for damages. I paid that bill so fast it made their head spin. I about ran out of there before they changed their mind.

GotDraw?

WKR
I earlier recommended to bring a 12v compressor and tire gauge.

CONSIDER BRINGING A PLUG KIT TOO!

JL

flathead#2

Lil-Rokslider
Rented a Nissan Rogue once for a DIY Aoudad hunt in NM.
Rolled a tire off the rim (spare got me back to town to fix the tire).
Damaged the plastic skidplate so bad it was flopping like crazy
going down I-10. Crawled up under there and cut that sucker off
and threw it in the dumpster at the hotel.
Returned the car. Kept my mouth shut.

Yes, rentals can hinder your hunt. And they're too expensive.

deltadukman

Lil-Rokslider
Also, if you're going to "use" your rental, buy their damage waiver and dont use your own physical damage insurance. This is coming from an insurance agent. These car rental places are getting crafty and getting previously dented vehicles fixed by the next rent in line's insurance. Also they are charging rental reimbursement while in the shop. They will jack a claim up by 25-50% and you are at their mercy. Get their damage waiver and you can bring it in on a rollback and toss them they keys and go on about your day.