Awesome place! FNG from IN rifle question

Have a rem 700. Looking to make a change next year. Used for deer, eventually antelope, and hopefully elk. Looking at 6.5 creedmoor or 6 … suggestions, pros/cons, and anything I’m missing that I should really look at?

eddielasvegas

WKR & Chairman of the Rokslide Welcoming Committee
Classified Approved
As the self-appointed chairman of the welcoming committee, it is my privilege to extend a laurel, and hearty handshake (virtual, of course) to our new member.

Eddie

As a fellow newbie to the forum, welcome. Read the epic .223 for deer/elk thread. It will give you another option for what to look at. I’ve tried the Tikka .223/77gr TMK solution. It is fantastic.

Not sure if it's relevant to you, but if I remember right 6.5 has a better barrel life. That said I personally would be leaning towards less common/hunting specific rounds given the current supply chain.

Anschutz

Lil-Rokslider
Well now you've done it. For what you've described, a 6.5 to .30cal will fit the bill. Anything from the .30-06 to the 6.5 Weatherby Tachometer will work with good bullets in the right spot. If I had no rifles and wanted to kill deer, antelope, and elk I'd go with a Tikka Stainless in 7-08, 270, or -06. My wife but down a dandy Caribou with a 140AB from her Tikka 7-08. For the money, it's about the best factory rifle you can get. If you don't mind the extra recoil, a 7mm Magnum will work just as well and shoot a bit flatter.