AZ antler growth. First time in 20+ years with back to back 100+ inches of snowfall.

Rooster46

FNG

I know Flagstaff snowfall doesn't speak for the entirety of the state, but what’s your thoughts on back to back years with great moisture? This has not happened in two plus decades. I can’t wait to see what this does for antler growth!

OP
R

Rooster46

FNG
Haha booner spikes! I’d think having two years back to back with good moisture coming into spring/summer will be good for em all around.

Coueser

FNG
Will be interesting to see. Most of the winter moisture came late this year in February/March. April has been pretty good.

May and June can be brutally dry. If a couple of opportune storms come through in the next couple of months it could be fantastic antler growth. Monsoon moisture is pretty much always too late for elk antlers.

flyfishaz

FNG
I don't buy all the way into that moisture horn growth stuff. Even the driest years on record, the outfitters still manage to kill 400" bulls here in AZ, and I see giant bulls in unit 23 during droughts.

OP
R

Rooster46

FNG
I don't buy all the way into that moisture horn growth stuff. Even the driest years on record, the outfitters still manage to kill 400" bulls here in AZ, and I see giant bulls in unit 23 during droughts.
I mean I think there would be 400 inch bulls every year no matter what in AZ. But I would have to also think there would be more 400 inch or high quality bulls with consistent feed on the ground resulting from great moisture 2 years consecutively.