AZ archery 6B

Status
Not open for further replies.

shelton44

FNG
been putting in for some time and finally picked up an az elk tag. Has anyone hunted 6B ???

Have you hunted late rifle in that unit? I drew that tag this year. I am planning to drive the unit for a couple days prior to season. Glass as many drainage's as possible and cover ground. Do you think I would be better off looking in the more minor canyons like 300'-400' tall or the steep and nasty 1000'+ canyons?

been putting in for some time and finally picked up an az elk tag. Has anyone hunted 6B ???
My brother & I drew it this year as well. info is hard to come by on this unit but it looks pretty straight forward. easy hunting in the north and more rugged in the south. looks great to me. can't wait to get on the road. coming from Oregon. this will probably be my last out of state hunt, Ill be 66 during this hunt. brother will be 67 but we still have a lot of gas in the tank.
Good luck Shelton

Maverick1

WKR
There are four posters on this thread, excluding me.

Together they have a combined 76 posts total on this forum.

Two have not been seen for nearly ten years, one has been a member for four years and has six posts total.

Hmmm, and some people wonder why the reception is not always warm and fuzzy.

Reference Forum rules 2, 3 and 4:

2. Do not make your first post asking for knowledge of certain areas. Every year the members of Rokslide see the same posts regurgitated over and over again that look something like this....... "Hey guys, I drew unit 1234567 tag and never been there where is the best spots to go?" 90% of the time, this is the user's FIRST post, and many times their last post as well, as they never return to post on the forum again. People are more likely to share information with people they somewhat trust, (as much trust as u can give someone on an online forum anyway) that they have seen contributing to the forum, posting and commenting for some time etc. I guarantee there is a difference in the amount and type of feedback someone gets who posts the above question as their 1st post vs someone posting the same questions and it's there 500th post. In general I’d say make an introduction post, some congratulations comments or thanks for any helpful info you find, use the like button instead posting something like “good, okay”. Show some enthusiasm and initiative towards the hunt your asking questions about also gratitude to those who answer. Oh, a trip report is a great way to show thanks to the guy who shared their information with you.

3 Now unfortunately we aren't letting FNG's (new guys) post up unit specific questions. Any unit question/answers remain out in the world wide webs forever, which can doom some really great spots.
The expectation is that all Rokslide members will understand and support this concept and take all such conversations to private message.
Yes, it's a hassle to join and be part of this community but the rewards are worth the effort including the ability to send and receive private messages.

4. Posting specific unit numbers, while not against the rules for even for members in good standing, is still sometimes frowned upon by members depending upon the context of the post. A good rule of thumb to follow when discussing specifics of a unit is to ask for Private Messages or share information in private messages. While posting specific unit numbers is frowned upon, posting specific drainages or trailheads are grounds for much worse from the rokslide community lol. Use your common sense, use private messages, etc. we are all in this together and to help each other.

There is nothing "easy" about hunting the northern part of the unit. The hunt can be very tough, especially the late hunt. People everywhere, and not just hunters. Big bulls are there, but hard to come by. Gets very cold. I've hunted in numerous times and know others who have hunted it and have never seen an elk during the season. There's plenty of elk in the unit, and opening day will sound like a war zone, but it is far from easy. Gotta get in the deep, nasty, thick areas/canyons.

Status
Not open for further replies.