BA qCore slx

brushape

WKR
Anyone use this pad? It's only 16 oz and I can get a good deal on it through a pro program just looking at opinions and weighing my options between this and the xtherm and sea to summit insulated pad

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

arthurvino

Lil-Rokslider
Looks good. I am waiting on backpacker or outside or outdoorgearlab to provide a detailed review.
What pro program has discounts? Promotive?

I just got one as a replacement for my insulated air core. After my second IAC I told them I'm done so they gave me a credit and I got an SLX.
Haven't used it yet, but I like the new valve design and it's quieter than the IAC. Time will tell if it will last, but looks good so far.
I've decided to store my pads partially inflated in a closet. Seems as though storing them tightly rolled may be an issue.

OP
B

brushape

WKR
Looks good. I am waiting on backpacker or outside or outdoorgearlab to provide a detailed review.
What pro program has discounts? Promotive?

I'm on outdoor pro link, it's not the greatest but some good scores

So hey guys... I have a std IAC & an IAC SL.
What is different with the SLX?...
I'm assuming it's non-insulated?..... Thinner material?
Hunt'nFish

So hey guys... I have a std IAC & an IAC SL.
What is different with the SLX?...
I'm assuming it's non-insulated?..... Thinner material?
Hunt'nFish

I think the SLX is just the latest and greatest from BA. It's insulated. Rated as a three season pad for temps down to 15.
I only got one because after two leaky IAC I'm done with them. I really wanted a thermarest but they're pretty pricey and BA gave me full credit on my IAC so I decided to try the SLX.

OP
B

brushape

WKR
Ended up getting an xtherm on sale for $127 not really any more money than the slx and fully proven

How do you like your SLX? I was looking at the normal Q-Core for the longest time but the SLX looks intriguing.

So far I've used my SLX for 4 nights and no complaints so far. A little less noisy compared to the IAC and so far holds air well. I like the new valve design as well.