Baby its Cold Outside! What's your temp?

Warmed up considerably here last night, 32 this morning but with freezing rain. Lost power last night from 5pm till 2am. Now it looks like we're going back to our normal rainy 40's weather

Meanwhile in South Dakota:

Resized_sc_310352887885479.jpeg

Still cold and blowing but I think most of the snow has lodged in place so it's not blowing around as much. Was able to see the road almost the entire trip home. Now the road out that was clear this morning is blocked but the opposite way is now open. Whatever. If I put chains on I could go pretty much wherever I want, but don't have to be back at work until tomorrow at 1300 so I'm not doing that.

Vehicles stuck up and down our road. Checked them all for people and then went home.

Two of our kids (MN and IN) are stuck in airplanes at airports. Doubt they will make it home for Christmas at this point but that doesn't matter so long as they are safe.

Prayers up for everyone out there working in this.

75 here in Cabo, 64 in San Jose, CA. I wish you guys in colder places the best.

Last edited:
nothing earth shattering here.. overnight went to 7 degrees. I've seen colder here in Virginia about 5 or 6 years ago. however our daytime temp is supposed to peak at 22 which I don't ever recall seeing that as peak temperature

Warming back up in MT. Two nights ago it bottomed out at -25. Took the dogs out bird hunting yesterday morning and it was -15. Birds were holding tight. Getting ready to go back out this morning, currently 15 above. Supposed to be in the low 30s as a high today. Now we just have to deal with the wind 🤬

Attachments

• 8FA18B9A-AB34-4173-88B2-07AF1AB230BE.jpeg
    8FA18B9A-AB34-4173-88B2-07AF1AB230BE.jpeg
    310.2 KB · Views: 27
Back