Backpacking with suppprt?

amp713

WKR
When backpack hunting do you bring any sort of support for sitting such as helinox chair or the kifaru field chair??

I always have a shemagh with me and so I will use it to sit on instead of packing a foam piece but other than a warm dry butt and some cushion it's not much for support. Really debated the field chair until sitting in my brother in laws helinox on a backpack fishing trip and cant help but wonder if it is a comfort worth packing or if the lighter field chair is comfortable enough to not need the full chair..

Figured I'd see what others thought...

kopecsean

FNG
Helinox is awesome. I use for backpacking fishing trips as well as hunting for glassing. Well worth the comfort to pack the weight. A tad loud to set up though.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

tttoadman

WKR
I have picked up a Helinox Ground Chair. I wanted the shortest one possible so I can sit inside my Silvertip at night. I am still deciding if it is worth carrying, but it sure is comfy.

I have one and they have there place. I bring my helonix when weight is less of an issue for whatever reason and I am th envy of the camp. A small glassing pad is good too. I have a couple in various thicknesses. In cold conditions I think of it as an essential piece of kit if you are going to be ground sitting.

I may try this guy out on an upcom8ng trip.

https://seekoutside.com/mountain-mat/

nrh6.7

WKR
I have picked up a Helinox Ground Chair. I wanted the shortest one possible so I can sit inside my Silvertip at night. I am still deciding if it is worth carrying, but it sure is comfy.

Sorting through this now while I get ready to buy the Silvertip. I have the Chair One and am wondering how much room I'd have to sit if needed. Do you have to sit right by the pole or can you move around a bit when sitting?

OP
amp713

amp713

WKR
I can't speak for the Silvertip but in my luxe you would want to he pretty close to the pole so your head doesnt rub...

I’ve used my grab it and frame to sit and it works ok. It kind of mimics the old cargo chair set up. Just undo the top and flip it under the frame towards the pack straps. Reattach the top straps and adjust to taste. You’ll be sitting on the grab it and leaning against the pack frame for support. Add your small glassing pad for butt comfort and you’re good to go. Not perfect but works pretty good for me so far and I haven’t had to pick the extra weight and bulk of a “real chair”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Joseph08

Lil-Rokslider
Camping chair is a must for me. I usually carry REI Co-op Camp Xtra Chair. Its comfortable, durable and work great for me.

mtnkid85

WKR
Ill generally carry a crazy creek chair if I know Im going to be doing a lot of glassing. Easier to setup/sit in rough and uneven terrain then my helinox plus it doubles as my leg insulation with my 3/4 length sleeping pad.

For around camp use though the helinox is easily the most comfy option!

CDNPO

FNG
I usually take my Alite Mantis chair, especially if I think we will be holed-up under a tarp with bad weather. It's just so nice for the back and legs. I feel like the extra "strain" from carrying the weight of the chair is offset by the ability to sit comfortably around camp or under the tarp in bad weather, thus helping my back and legs relax.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Depending on how far and for how long we're going in, I like my REI camp stool. Trimmed of excess straps it is 16 oz. Not as comfy for lounging as my buddy's hellinox, but probably better (for me anyhow) for more "sit up" activities such as for cooking, eating, tending the tipi stove, putting on boots, etc. Its more stable too, at least in cushy tundra. He had a couple slow mo going over backwards/sideways that were somewhat entertaining.