Badlands Precision Bullets anyone try them?

Ok
I was going to use Berger or try cutting edge. My problem with cutting edge is after chambering for a Berger my chamber will be to long for the cutting edge Bullets

Why would it be too long? I've only loaded one CEB (145 Lazer) but it was in a 7mm throated for 180/175 ELD's and it didn't seem to be a problem.

I've heard of some folks having issues if the freebore diameter is not very large the pressure ring might be tight in the freebore.

Why would it be too long? I've only loaded one CEB (145 Lazer) but it was in a 7mm throated for 180/175 ELD's and it didn't seem to be a problem.

I've heard of some folks having issues if the freebore diameter is not very large the pressure ring might be tight in the freebore.
My chamber would be throated to long for CEB.

My chamber would be throated to long for CEB.
That comment assumes the jump distance must remain static for all bullets which isn't true. There are typically 2 or 3 jump distance ranges for a given bullet/chamber/throat combo that yield acceptable results. Without trying the CEB, you have no idea what the results may be.

Jeremy

That comment assumes the jump distance must remain static for all bullets which isn't true. There are typically 2 or 3 jump distance ranges for a given bullet/chamber/throat combo that yield acceptable results. Without trying the CEB, you have no idea what the results may be.

Jeremy
According to my gunsmith he has chambered some and said that it’s probably to long.

Curious if anyone has some updated info on these as we are mostly through another season?? I was set on starting with hammers for my new 7 saum build but the bc of these bulldozers is tough to ignore. Thinking about the 150gr bd2. I will have an 8 twist, long action and lots of mag room so no issues there. Mostly wondering how easy they are to load and most importantly terminal performance.

Curious if anyone has some updated info on these as we are mostly through another season?? I was set on starting with hammers for my new 7 saum build but the bc of these bulldozers is tough to ignore. Thinking about the 150gr bd2. I will have an 8 twist, long action and lots of mag room so no issues there. Mostly wondering how easy they are to load and most importantly terminal performance.
I have none but just recently tried CEB Lazors. The BC may not be as high but they provide a velocity limit for expansion. To my surprise they were very consistent in velocity and grouping, but have not witnessed the performance on game yet but was told that I would not be disappointed in the performance by someone that had seen the results.

I shot a small black tail with mine at 500 yards. It died. Similar terminal performance as Barnes, if you’re happy with that. I personally prefer hammers but the better BC of the badlands is hard to ignore.

I shot a small black tail with mine at 500 yards. It died. Similar terminal performance as Barnes, if you’re happy with that. I personally prefer hammers but the better BC of the badlands is hard to ignore.
It looks like to me after going through the thread on lrh and talking with badlands that at high velocity/close range they will shed pedals similar to a hammer but at lower velocity/long range they provide a good mushroom like a barnes. However expand at much lower velocities than the barnes and obviously much better bc. He told me they are confident down to at least 1600fps but haven't tested below that yet.

The idea that I like so much is that I would have no concerns of putting it through the shoulders of an elk. That can't be said for berger, eldx, etc.

It looks like to me after going through the thread on lrh and talking with badlands that at high velocity/close range they will shed pedals similar to a hammer but at lower velocity/long range they provide a good mushroom like a barnes. However expand at much lower velocities than the barnes and obviously much better bc. He told me they are confident down to at least 1600fps but haven't tested below that yet.

The idea that I like so much is that I would have no concerns of putting it through the shoulders of an elk. That can't be said for berger, eldx, etc.
Yeah I've been playing with some BD2S but I'm really hesitant to use them on game at long range.
There's just not enough violent expansion from what I'm seeing at lower impact velocities to creat a big wound channel.
Bergers are still the best beyond 400 yards in my opinion, most of my kills are beyond that or I'd probably only shoot copper

Yeah I've been playing with some BD2S but I'm really hesitant to use them on game at long range.
There's just not enough violent expansion from what I'm seeing at lower impact velocities to creat a big wound channel.
Bergers are still the best beyond 400 yards in my opinion, most of my kills are beyond that or I'd probably only shoot copper
This. Long range=lead bullets for me. Hammers have more violent expansion in my experience…but lack BC for serious long range shooting. I did kill a buck with 151gr absolute hammer at 500 yards and 2000fps impact velocity this year with great performance, but that was the outer limit for me. My Berger loads I feel are capable to kill violently beyond my farthest shot capability.

Back