Beanie Hat recommendation

WoodBow

WKR
How much do you want to spend and how cold are you going to use it? Sitka has several options with goretex in them. My only personal experience is with the jetstream. It is basically like a softshell with with a fleece lining. If I need more warmth, I will put a plain beanie under it.

RADunfee

Lil-Rokslider
I'd get a great beanie and wear a waterproof hooded jacket instead. The SG brimmed cuff beanie is super warm and comfortable.

2531usmc

WKR
my experience with the goretex beanies is that they all get hot and sweaty. A carhart beanie seems to work best if combined with a goretex hood

UpTop

Lil-Rokslider
A good fleece beanie with a waterproof hooded jacket gets my vote. They dry out super fast for the most part. Not sure I’d like a fully waterproof beanie that didn’t breath

Bluesman1148

FNG
Classified Approved
I’m a bald guy with lots of beanies….for sitting still I like a fleece lined beanie to keep the dome warm. If I am active, the fleece causes me to sweat which then makes me cold when I sit back down, so if I am active, it‘s a standard merino wool beanie all the way, no fleece. If it rains, that‘s what the hooded jacket is for, and if the rain is too heavy, I am staying home :)