Bergara b14 VS CVA Cascade

JustMe7

FNG
I had the B14 Ridge Wilderness (which is very similar) in .300 Win Mag and it was an absolute tack driver. With factory Sierra (pricey) ammunition it was shooting about .25” 5-shot groups at 100 yards. Yep, 1/4 MOA.

With the factory brake it had less recoil than my XPR 30-06..

The downside was that it was heavy, so I ended up trading it off.

I heard recently that the CVA’s may have Bergara barrels? If that is the case and if the CVA is lighter I’d go with that!

If weight isn’t an issue, the Bergara is a fantastic rifle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My bergara wilderness ridge was not so heavy. The bergara HMR is 9.25 lbs - plus add scope and ammo.
Lots of people complaining about accuracy in the bergara wilderness ridge in .308
The 6.5 cm was very accurate.
It definitely preferred 125-129 grain bullets over the 143 gr eld-x

JustMe7

FNG
Yeah I bought my Ridge Wilderness about 1 week before they switched to the fluted bolt. I was disappointed. Irrelevant now however.

Bergara switched quickly to the fluted bolt wilderness ridge in 2021.
Many people who had purchased just prior to the change wanted the fluted bolt.
No one was warned that it was coming.

Bergara switched quickly to the fluted bolt wilderness ridge in 2021.
Many people who had purchased just prior to the change wanted the fluted bolt.
No one was warned that it was coming.

Yep. It was something like 2-3 days after my purchase that they started shipping with fluted bolts. Not only were they fluted but made in the USA and an overall quality upgrade, as I understand it.

Either way, I’m much happier with my Weatherby Mark V 300win over the Bergara anyway.

JustMe7

FNG
Yep. It was something like 2-3 days after my purchase that they started shipping with fluted bolts. Not only were they fluted but made in the USA and an overall quality upgrade, as I understand it.

Either way, I’m much happier with my Weatherby Mark V 300win over the Bergara anyway.

The Weatherby is very hard to beat.
They seem to do some calibers very, very well.
.270 win. 25/06, Weatherby S2 Vanguard. Excellent!