Best 10x $250 binoculars

Kronos

FNG
I'm looking for a 10x powered bino for the truck that is around $250. These will stay in the truck so if it's broken into I won't cry if they get stolen. The Swaro's stay locked up inside the house until it's scouting and hunting time. Any recommendations for a $250 set of binos?

rlynn27

FNG
Classified Approved
I'd go with Vortex Diamondback 10x42 HD. Lightweight, sharp, contrast is excellent. Not much better in that range.

That link was good this morning. The 8x42 were 187.00 a couple days ago. Keep an eye on it. I bet they come down again.

CorbLand

WKR
Friends don't let friends buy Vortex anything.
Generally I would agree but for a pair that you can beat the crap out of and have them warranty, they are hard to beat. Especially what you can get the old Vipers for.

I am not sure what Cabelas let’s you stack but I also got an email saying 10% off for club members every Monday until Memorial Day and active junkie generally has good stuff for them. You could potentially get the vipers for around 200 bucks.

Last edited:

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
Diamondbacks suck. Don't waste money on those. Spend a little more and go Maven C1. Those punch waaaay above the money.
If you don't care about warranty and rather spend as little as possible try the ScoopX UHD 10x42s but don't pay $100 for them see if you can find and buy open box damaged box ones for $65 or less.

They're actually in between Vortex Viper HD and Razor HD and also Nikon Monarch M7 and HG level of glass and better than the Athlon Midas UHD Gen 2 and Cronus UHD Gen 2.

If you buy them from Gosky's website for $299.99 you get a lifetime warranty through Gosky but personally I'd rather buy 4 or 5 for that price without a lifetime warranty and have my own in house lifetime warranty without having to pay shipping and insurance to send in for warranty which adds to the total purchase cost when you think about it.

I agree Diamondbacks totally suck waste of $200 for sure and the Viper HD is bare minimum acceptable level of glass or at least a Vulture HD. Just don't ever pay regular prices for Vortex and wait till they go on their once in a while half price sale.

I've bought and tried a lot of really shitty name brand Binoculars already and the Diamondback HDs can be beat in sheer optical clarity by many $20 Amazon Binoculars I've already tested. I also like to compare dirt cheap vs expensive as well to see which has better glass.

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
Anybody wanna try one of my smashed box ScoopX UHD 10x42s just message me before wasting any money buying a Monarch M7 these will blow the Nikons away optically and they're in fact very close to my Nikon Monarch HG 10x42s in image quality. I have bought a total of five of these damaged smashed box open box from various eBay sellers not including the current $99 plus $18.60 shipping seller I have not bought one from that seller before. I paid $50 for the cheapest one that didn't include any of the accessories nor marsupial type case nor neck strap nor harness nor phone camera adaptor nor any lens covers just the Binoculars themselves in a badly smashed trashed box but Binoculars in very good condition but not brand new condition. I paid $65 for the one in the best condition like new near mint but smashed box with everything included all accesseries literally were brand spanking new besides the trashed box. I can let go of maybe 3 since I don't think I'll need all these spares of these regardless of their current lack of unlimited unconditional unlimited lifetime warranty support. They will be shipped Priority Mail without their smashed boxes. Check them out go to your local sporting goods store and bring them with you and do a side by side with the Nikon Monarch M7 and Vortex Viper HD and Athlon Cronus UHD and Leupold BX4. If you like them then just pay for what I paid plus whatever shipping probably $20. So either $50+$20 for just Binoculars with nothing else included or $65+$20 for everything included but either way they won't be shipped with their smashed boxes to save on shipping cost. If you don't like them just send them back on your dime priority mail same as how I shipped them. This is a hobby of mine and not a business for profit to make money just to set the record straight I am selling my duplicates since I buy multiples of almost all Binoculars I personally test to check for sample variance. I normally keep the best one and return the rest for refund but in this case of these ScoopX UHDs all were perfect no variance.

ALSO kind of needing to free up some cash so I can buy more Swarovski NL Pures because my Binoculars hobby finances took a huge hit just recently after buying two Swarovski NL Pures 8x42s and 12x42s at the same time just recently. Otherwise I am a hoarder by nature and tend to keep all the exceptionally good ones regardless of owning multiple duplicates like my ATHLON Midas UHD Gen 2 12x50s both fantastic had to keep both of them originally had 3 total in 12x50s to check for sample variance and one wasn't as clear as the other two so I returned that one for refund and my two Leupold SX5 Santiam 27x5x80 angled spotters both are identically great. Was gonna do big eyes with both till I realized barrel focus no can do with these. Oh I also bought and actually kept two Leupold BX5 Santiam 15x56s later noticed definitely sample variance after return period need to send in one to Leupold for warranty.

Last edited:

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
I would look for used Nikon Monarchs in 10X.
After a lengthy long winded phone conversation with the head honcho warranty King over at Nikon USA (he even told me "the buck stops with me here at Nikon USA") just be aware theat used second hand or open box or demo Nikon's have absolutely zero Nikon USA warranty support and don't apply to their 7 year warranty. Need to buy them sealed brand spanking new and never opened box and never discounted Demo models either from authorized Nikon USA dealers with dated proof of purchase receipt and warranty isn't transferrable to a second owner. I even gave a hypothetical scenario buying same as new/demo Nikon's from Cameraland and he said no warranty if they were previously purchased then Return for refund then resold as demo or open box discounted item. In this case, the cheaper ScoopX UHDs would be a more logical choice to buy with the exact same no Nikon warranty support anyway plus they're way cheaper and better than the Nikon Monarch M7s. In fact they're actually pretty close to my Nikon Monarch HG 10x42s which is the second most expensive NO WARRANTY second owner Binoculars I've ever bought in my life and was incredibly stupid of me not to call Nikon BEFORE buying them assuming the Nikon 7 year warranty was transferrable.

After a lengthy long winded phone conversation with the head honcho warranty King over at Nikon USA (he even told me "the buck stops with me here at Nikon USA") just be aware theat used second hand or open box or demo Nikon's have absolutely zero Nikon USA warranty support and don't apply to their 7 year warranty. Need to buy them sealed brand spanking new and never opened box and never discounted Demo models either from authorized Nikon USA dealers with dated proof of purchase receipt and warranty isn't transferrable to a second owner. I even gave a hypothetical scenario buying same as new/demo Nikon's from Cameraland and he said no warranty if they were previously purchased then Return for refund then resold as demo or open box discounted item. In this case, the cheaper ScoopX UHDs would be a more logical choice to buy with the exact same no Nikon warranty support anyway plus they're way cheaper and better than the Nikon Monarch M7s. In fact they're actually pretty close to my Nikon Monarch HG 10x42s which is the second most expensive NO WARRANTY second owner Binoculars I've ever bought in my life and was incredibly stupid of me not to call Nikon BEFORE buying them assuming the Nikon 7 year warranty was transferrable.
Wow.
I returned a Nikon Monarch riflescope two years ago, after they had exited the pewpew business and got a check for MSRP.
These were covered under Lifetime Monarch warranty, not 7 years.
I wonder if that made any difference.
They didn't ask for any documentation, either.