Best 10x $250 binoculars

ODB

WKR

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
Honestly not a Vortex Binoculars fan but love their Razor Gen 3 6-36x56s and Strike Eagle 3-18x44 34mm FFPs when they go on very cheap sale though half price once in a while.

I'm waiting for the next Razor HD 10x42 $499 sale.
I have the old japanese version of these and they have actually been solid binos for quite a while now.

Reactions: ODB

rlynn27

FNG
Classified Approved
Don't rule out Pentax or Opticron. They make great glass, though Pentax often have a narrow FOV. It's easy to trash other people's recommendations while recommending glass that is twice the price of your range, but if you're set on a budget of $250 or less, Vortex, Pentax, Opticron, Leupold, and Nikon all have binoculars in that range that will do just fine. Look at the used market if you want your money to go a little further. For $300 you can score a pair of Zeiss Terra's. Our grandfathers put meat on the table 40+ years ago with a cheap $25 pair of Bushnells, I'm sure they would have been more than happy with a pair of Diamonbacks or a BX-2.

For context I own plenty of top tier binoculars from Swarovski, Leica, Zeiss, Nikon. I've owned all of their best glass at one time or another and I'm not easily impressed by brands outside of those four. Recently I compared the Vortex Diamondback to the Vortex Viper, Leopold BX-4, and Leica Trinovid HD and I didn't see where the others that were priced at 2x and even 4x higher were giving you 2x or 4x the performance. Try before you buy if you can, or buy from a dealer with a good return policy if you aren't happy with what you choose.

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
I truly believe that optics are way too overpriced for what you actually get especially if they're made in China. The Nikon Monarch M7 are probably the most overpriced Chinese Binoculars as well as the Hawke Frontiers and Riton. Even though I don't really like how Bushnell's lack of customer service handles their warranty and makes all kinds of excuses to not actually honor the 20 year lifetime warranty at least they got decent optics at reasonable prices if you pay attention. $160 for Bushnell Legend L series 10x42 which are almost as clear as the much cheaper ScoopX UHDs.

Best bang for the buck with a 3 year warranty is the Covert Optics 10x42 ED for only $129.99 which rivals the Vortex Viper HDs and Athlon Midas UHD Gen 2 and literally blows away the Diamondback HDs optically. They're almost as clear as the ScoopX UHDs as well. Their MSRP is $499.99 and Amazon $343.54 current Amazon price and way cheaper cirreton sale at a ridiculously low price of only $129.99 directly from FeraDyne Outdoors website.

"10x42 Binocular | Covert Optics" https://www.feradyne.com/product/10x42-binoculars/

They're like mini Athlon Cronus UHD Gen 2 10x42s but lighter and way cheaper and won't make you dizzy or nauseated like the Cronus. Also a cheaper and extremely lighter weight version compared to the super heavy Meade Masterclass PRO with 3 year warranty vs only 2 years for the Meade.

Posting this other Covert Optics deal because the Burris hot sale from Amazon appears to be already done and over with and went back way way up in price actually their prices just recently went up more than double (roughly 2.5x higher) compared to what their recent sale prices were.

"10x42 Binocular | Covert Optics" https://www.feradyne.com/product/10x42-binoculars/

I bought these from Amazon several months ago and returned them because at close to $400 after comparing them side by side with the much cheaper and clearer ScoopX UHDs, the Covert Optics EDs were almost as clear but not quite, IMHO they weren't worth keeping solely based on relatively high price paid but if they had cost $129.99 back then, I would have kept them. I'm most definitely going to buy another one for $129.99 before the prices go up again plus an 8x42 as well for the same price.

FeraDyne Outdoors isn't a fly by night outfit either and they actually answer their phone during normal business hours.

No affiliation with this company nor any company for that matter either just sharing good deals for worthwhile way better than average optics actually worth buying at their current sale prices that's all. These are clearer than the overpriced Chinese Nikon M7s which I previously compared them to.

Bama67

FNG
Sightron Blue Sky's are very solid for 200 bucks or so.

Edit: Never mind, apparently the ones I, and everyone else, loved were made in the Philippines, and the new Made in China ones suck.

Hotmail

Lil-Rokslider
I liked my son's Bushnell Engage better than my friend's Maven C1's.
Bushnell actually not bad when they go on sale for pretty cheap. Just don't buy Bushnell Legend E series they suck. Tried em all already. My favorites are the $100 Legacy WP 10x50 Porro Prisms and the discontinued 10x42 Legend Ultra HDs if you can find them used in excellent condition for around $150 or less they're quite amazing actually.