Best 22lr scope to dial around $500?

Dbevans

Lil-Rokslider
Looking at the meosport, burris signature, athlon helos btr gen 2, sightron stac 3-16, there are so many options I can’t make up my mind. I prefer the low end to not be past 3x and I am okay with 9 on the high end but 2-12/3-15 would be more ideal. As long as it weights less than 30oz is fine with me.

I have optika 5s on a couple other of my rim fires and I really like them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I really like the optika 5s but I think I want an exposed elevation turret

Element Helix HD 2-16x50 SFP
  • 30mm Main Body Tube
  • 8x Zoom Optical System
  • Compact, Lightweight design
  • Second Focal Plane Reticle
  • Aircraft Grade Aluminum
  • Side Parallax: 10m-Infinity
  • Fully Multi-Coated Lenses with HD Glass
  • Capped, Resettable Turrets
  • Removable Magnification Throw Lever
  • Waterproof, Fogproof, Shockproof & Nitrogen Purged
  • Sunshade, Lens Cloth, ‘Cheat Sheet’ Stickers & Clear Lens Caps Included

I’ll look more into to the arken and element. Thanks for the reccomendations

Kidd barrel, kidd reciever, kidd trigger, victor titan stock. Hunting and plinking to 200 hope 300 sometime

I’ve personally had very good luck with the Athlon Midas Tac line. I’ve read good things about the Helos and I think that would serve you well.
There’s quite a few other scopes in there line up that to my knowledge share the same turrets/erector system (as the Midas Tac) and would meet your magnification requirements.
That being said, if your comfortable with the Meopta that you’ve got on other rifles and have experience with, that would weigh a lot with me. IMO.

300 yards you need some elevation in the scope. Not sure where you are but around me I need almost 15 mils of travel above my zero to reach 300. That’ll rule out a decent number of scopes in that magnification range. Personally I havent run across any scopes in that price range that have the reliability to really recommend wholeheartedly. A lot of the scopes in that class dial accurately enough but you can expect to need to rezero frequently to be precise enough for any kind of accuracy at those ranges. If it were me I might look for a used bushnell lrts, it ought to be in that budget range-ish and they seem to be pretty reliable and they made a midpower that was close to the mag range you were looking for, maybe 4x on the low end but close.

300 yards you need some elevation in the scope. Not sure where you are but around me I need almost 15 mils of travel above my zero to reach 300. That’ll rule out a decent number of scopes in that magnification range. Personally I havent run across any scopes in that price range that have the reliability to really recommend wholeheartedly. A lot of the scopes in that class dial accurately enough but you can expect to need to rezero frequently to be precise enough for any kind of accuracy at those ranges. If it were me I might look for a used bushnell lrts, it ought to be in that budget range-ish and they seem to be pretty reliable and they made a midpower that was close to the mag range you were looking for, maybe 4x on the low end but close.

Yeah. Thats what I am thinking. I almost want a meopta optika 6 to throw on it but I am interested in other brands. I’m not dead set on shooting 300 yards with it because there are hardly any days with less than 10kts of wind where I live anyways

Back