Best 4-16 rifle scope for 1k or less

Castmaster

Lil-Rokslider
Im in the market for a new scope to go on a predator hunting/ longish range target shooting rifle and was wondering what some options would be for a 4-16 or 3-15 under or around 1k.

My needs for the scope are:

Exposed elevation and windage turret’s (unless the scope has the ability to hold windage in the reticle)

A good MOA based reticle

I’d prefer SFP because it’s mainly going to be used for hunting but I would’t mind a FFP if it has illumination

Im not really concerned about weight but the lighter the better

I don’t want a scope that is made in China

The only scope I’ve been able to find that meets these specs is the Vortex Viper hst 4-16x44, this is probably a lot to ask for under or around 1k but any suggestions would be awesome.

Or a Zeiss v4 4-16 maybe? They offer a lot of reticles

Zeiss V4 has everything you want and you can find them well under 1k. I think Doug at cameraland has some specials on them under $800. If you trust their durability. Otherwise the Maven rs1.2 but its $1200 and ffp or a Trijicon 10 mile both of which passed the drop test.

Ok i‘d say it’s between the Zeiss V4 or the Trijicon Credo, I’m not that insanely concerned about durability since it going on a Tikka T3x 223 for yote’s. Also if i go with the Credo is it worth getting the 56mm over the 42mm for an extra 4 oz? Personally I’d say it’s not really and it’s probably easier to re-sell the 42mm but I’d like some opinion’s on it.

42mm would get my vote. If you don't need the bit more light transmission I would save the weight and bulk.
I mean extra light is always great but considering it’s bigger heavier and they both have illuminated reticles I don’t think it’s super necessary. I wish they didn’t jump all the way up to 56mm and maybe did a 50mm instead.

If I go with the credo I would actually get the 4-16 because they don’t offer the 2.5-15 in MOA which I also just realized.

Back