Best Cellular game cameras?

Bett

FNG
Looking at getting a cellular game camera but curious what the pros and cons are specifically price/subscription fee and anything to be aware of?

Lots of new options out there. Of browning, spypoint, tactacam, and ridgetec, Ridgetec is my favorite by a fair margin. Cheapest fees per cam when you've got multiple and that is even with running them all on video. Tactactam 2nd favorite. Spypoint and browning both suck. Browning's suck and their fees are unrealisticly high.

Sapcut

WKR
I say again as in other trail cam thread......Camojojo Trace is the best cellular camera I have ever used. I never even use the still photo option because this camera will transmit 15 second videos immediately, literally. It has better reception than my iphone with same carrier. The plans are very fair and competitive.

The app has lots of options on breaking down weather conditions for each trigger of the camera. It has 10 settings on IR sensitivity to choose from, can choose trigger delay per second....not 10, 30 or 60 like so many other cameras.

Unlike with Spypoint, for instance, I never have to worry about going to the camera to do any type of firmware update or restart or anything like that. The live stream is extremely handy when needing real time conditions in your hunting area like whether raining, windy, to see if creek is out of banks flooding your area. I like using the live stream to watch animals as I use the property in real time. That gives me a good idea of what they hear, smell or how much they care of either at a certain distance. The Trace is a great scouting camera.

I also use the Camojojo solar panel that has worked well and stays on 100% without direct sunlight. If the weather is bad, rainy and cloudy for several days, it may drop just a bit in percentage but not often.

OP
B

Bett

FNG
I say again as in other trail cam thread......Camojojo Trace is the best cellular camera I have ever used. I never even use the still photo option because this camera will transmit 15 second videos immediately, literally. It has better reception than my iphone with same carrier. The plans are very fair and competitive.

The app has lots of options on breaking down weather conditions for each trigger of the camera. It has 10 settings on IR sensitivity to choose from, can choose trigger delay per second....not 10, 30 or 60 like so many other cameras.

Unlike with Spypoint, for instance, I never have to worry about going to the camera to do any type of firmware update or restart or anything like that. The live stream is extremely handy when needing real time conditions in your hunting area like whether raining, windy, to see if creek is out of banks flooding your area. I like using the live stream to watch animals as I use the property in real time. That gives me a good idea of what they hear, smell or how much they care of either at a certain distance. The Trace is a great scouting camera.

I also use the Camojojo solar panel that has worked well and stays on 100% without direct sunlight. If the weather is bad, rainy and cloudy for several days, it may drop just a bit in percentage but not often.
Thanks for the info. I may try them out!

JakeT

Lil-Rokslider
Check out wiseeye cameras. All photos are hd that come to the app. No paying extra for them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Tahoe1305

WKR
Ran 3 Tactacam last year. With solar. Awesome. A bit slow trigger and or tough to get sensitivity just right (more a location issue) is my feedback.

My favorite picture of the year :

Attachments

• IMG_9643.jpeg
    IMG_9643.jpeg
    752.6 KB · Views: 50

SDHNTR

WKR
I use browning and their strikeforce wireless plan. No complaints. Regular AA batteries last 6mo+, even through winter.

Tahoe1305

WKR
I use browning and their strikeforce wireless plan. No complaints. Regular AA batteries last 6mo+, even through winter.
I have some non cell browning I liked so looked up that plan for curiosity . Dang it’s $$$. Doing the math in the non unlimited plans maybe not too bad 30% more or so.

Fwiw Tactacam is simple $5/camera with no commitment. I’ve never gotten close to running out of photos….and as mentioned I’m still learning placement (i.e. wind triggers a lot). I pull two of mine off for six months. Easy to just hit a few buttons and bring them back up.

Edit: I redacted my statement. The browning plan comes with a lot more photos. Could be worth it to some. Would cost me personally more.

Last edited:
Tactacam here. Great video and pics, even at a distance. I have a terrible cell signal at the farm so just used it as a regular trail camera this year.

SDHNTR

WKR
I have some non cell browning I liked so looked up that plan for curiosity . Dang it’s $$$. Doing the math in the non unlimited plans maybe not too bad 30% more or so.

Fwiw Tactacam is simple $5/camera with no commitment. I’ve never gotten close to running out of photos….and as mentioned I’m still learning placement (i.e. wind triggers a lot). I pull two of mine off for six months. Easy to just hit a few buttons and bring them back up.

Edit: I redacted my statement. The browning plan comes with a lot more photos. Could be worth it to some. Would cost me personally more.
Zero experience with tactacam.

I pay $20/month and I think the pics are unlimited. That’s expensive? I’ve never bothered shopping around.

Tahoe1305

WKR
Zero experience with tactacam.

I pay $20/month and I think the pics are unlimited. That’s expensive? I’ve never bothered shopping around.
Relative I guess. If that’s one camera I’d say yes.

I have 3 for $15. But again for some maybe they don’t sweat $20. I still have to unfortunately.

mcdues

FNG
I personally have good luck with tactacam reveals. Have spartans, tactacams, bushnell and brownings. Tactacams seem most reliable and easy to use.