Best Cellular game cameras?

Yoder

WKR
I like Moultrie because they are cheap. You can pick them up on sale for around $60. Pictures are decent, battery life is probably 3 months or so and I like their app. Unless you have private land, there is no way I'm hanging a camera that's $200-$300.

I have Tatacam but have had them for a while and not worth switching to anything else. Black Gate might be worth a look too.

TXCO

WKR
Ive had great luck with reveal tactacam.

Ive hated the moultrie ones Ive had.

I use the tactacam and they are okay. I seem to get a lot of pictures and videos of deer that walked straight by the camera and i only get a picture of its butt. And the video is of its butt just barely on screen for a second. And u can tell by the video they arent walking fast at all.

Also the first gen 1 i have that doesnt even let you request an hd picture the resolution is so terrible the pics are almost useless.

Trial153

WKR
Tacacams suck, horrible detection circuits. If you don’t mind missing one out of five pictures they are a great camera. The Gen x2 are reliable at least. The Pros are junk and will end up with water damage.
Tacacams CS Is terrible. The saving grace is they are cheap and that’s about all they have going for them. Night pictures decent … day pictures overly plixial out big time. Dawn and dusk…washed out. Sample size about 20 cams. Expensive plans for what you get. The app is decent.

Various browings, good battery life. Good night pictures, fair to poor day light pictures. Data plans suck. Been fairly reliable. 6 cams or so sample size. Their app sucks

Muddy and Spy point cams, not even worth time to type how big a piece of crap they are. Sample size about 3 each

Spartan Go cams, decent in all respects. worth considering if you can add them to an att or Verizon plan. If you’re using their plans with credits ect …forget it overly complicated and expensive. The app is decent. Had three. Picture and video quality is good to very good across the board.

Reconx, most reliable and trouble free cams made at this point. The data plans are fair and so is the app. Picture quality is on par with Spartan and Wise eye. They shine in detection and reliability. A negative is 12 batteries like the Tacacams. If your not on a tight budget they are no brainer. We have 10

Wise eye been a sleeper for me, I have 4 data cams and mini. And I just ordered 4 more data cams. Pictures are excellent across the board. Settings are responsive. Video fantastic. Easy to set up. Best App of all I ever used. Best tag system. The data plans are phenomenal. I can’t speak for battery life and reliability yet but if it’s good I can seen them replacing everything except the reconx

Aggie07

FNG
I have had good luck with Browning cameras. Lithium batteries last a long time (9 months).

Buzby

WKR
I use the tactacam and they are okay. I seem to get a lot of pictures and videos of deer that walked straight by the camera and i only get a picture of its butt. And the video is of its butt just barely on screen for a second. And u can tell by the video they arent walking fast at all.

Also the first gen 1 i have that doesnt even let you request an hd picture the resolution is so terrible the pics are almost useless.
Same. I get tons of pics of deer butts on mine

PAS

FNG
I have tested many brands and I must say Reconyx is hard to beat. Plus they have a 5yr warranty

Clayt

FNG
I have been through several brands. Spartans have been the most reliable by far, but also the most expensive! Spypoints have been the worst, and also the cheapest. They are junk, I would not recommend them.

Lots of Tactacam votes in here. I have quite a few and personally love them. The price is right for me but does have negatives.

For me the more I can have the better. The plan is cheap and I use it 3-5 months a year. The negative is photo quality. I don’t set them where they can get long range photos. I think some of the more expensive cameras likely deliver better quality photos and range, but I’ll take the ability to run more cameras over quality photos.

The price of the 12 AA lithiums has gotten ridiculous. I’d love to hear what some of you guys are doing for batteries. I know some have tried alkaline, solar panels, and I see they have the lithium packs now. Anybody find a good option for saving money on batteries?

I don't seem to have the deer butt problem I’m reading alot of guys are having. Likely from running tons of different brands and learning tricks to setting them over the years to capture the best photos possible. I also adjust the sensitivity level based on temperature and think that’s been useful.

I’ve had great luck with their customer service. Still have 4 of the original model reveals running strong. I’ve had cameras down for a few weeks which I can see would be frustrating if you only had a couple. But they’ve been repaired.

I'm just going with plain alkaline. They last longer than I thought, and it's not worth the premium for lithium anymore. A solar panel would be nice though.

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
I used to be a huge fan of tactacams but have had issues with about 5 of their cameras now. Tried to do the upgrades they list to do and still not working. Frustrating for sure...now we are also running into an issue with a few of them where the batteries are dying in days not months with very few pictures...that is beyond a pain in the butt! Trying to decide whether I want to buy any more which brought me to this thread...anyone else having these issues?

Beagle1

Lil-Rokslider
I used to be a huge fan of tactacams but have had issues with about 5 of their cameras now. Tried to do the upgrades they list to do and still not working. Frustrating for sure...now we are also running into an issue with a few of them where the batteries are dying in days not months with very few pictures...that is beyond a pain in the butt! Trying to decide whether I want to buy any more which brought me to this thread...anyone else having these issues?
Four years and no problems with Tactacam battery life.