Best cement for Bohning Blazers

parker

FNG
I'm having trouble keeping my Bohning Blazers secure on my new Victory VAPs, I've been a traditional feathers guy my whole life, so fletching with vanes is new to me. Any suggestions on the best glue/cement for Blazers on small diameter carbon shafts would be much appreciated. Thanks...!

Squirrels

WKR
a speck of platinum fletch tite at the front and back of the vane, had zero issues since i started doing it

I should clarify, I use gorilla glue on the vane base. After it is set for a few minutes I put a small dab of the platinum at the front and back of vane

Last edited:

Ucsdryder

WKR
Super glue gel. Apparently some glues don’t have the correct activator so don’t go for the Walmart brand. Not sure about gorilla but I know the super glue gel has it. Don’t clean the base of the fletching.

TBarron

WKR
I use Home Depot Brand- HDX super glue. Works like a champ!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use G5 G-Lock Blu Glu on standard shafts. The blue tint makes it easier for my old eyes to see how much I’m applying. I “tail and tip” the vanes with a dab after they’re in place.

I can’t see why it wouldn’t work on small diameter as long as you get good vane-shaft contact from the clamp.

Hunter6

WKR
Super glue gel. Apparently some glues don’t have the correct activator so don’t go for the Walmart brand. Not sure about gorilla but I know the super glue gel has it. Don’t clean the base of the fletching.

What I use with no problems.